Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:46:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 4:35:33 PM EDT by MMS2571]
ok some of you guys have been in this longer and more involved than me but here goes. I have a baby eagle 9mm and that has the polygonal. I just picked up a new 40 s&w BE and that has regular rifling. Anyone know if a guy can still find the polygonal barrels anywhere or is there not enough of a differance to even bother
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:31:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 2:34:08 PM EDT by LVMIKE]
Polygonal barrels offer only a slight increase in velocities while precluding the use of lead projectiles. So in my opinion, no-- it doesn't matter. Rifling barrels is old news and making a quality pistol barrel isn't a big challenge. Land and groove rifling has stuck around in the face of a supposedly supperior polygonal rifling technology in the bolt rifle market, so I think it's safe to say its possible of delivering projectiles very accurately.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:09:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MMS2571:
ok some of you guys have been in this longer and more involved than me but here goes. I have a baby eagle 9mm and that has the polygonal. I just picked up a new 40 s&w BE and that has regular rifling. Anyone know if a guy can still find the polgonal barrels anywhere or is there not enough of a differance to even bother

I thought all BE use the poly rifling, as marketed on their website. It could've been that you have picked up a new but old stock gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 4:32:33 PM EDT by MMS2571]
no they used to use it but stopped 2 years ago. i have it in my 9mm but not in the new 40 s&w i just picked up. it was even crossed out in the owners manual with a frickin pen. i emailed magnum research and they said that imi just stopped using polygonal 2 years ago to save money.

eta: I know it used to say something about it on the website but I don't see it on there anymore.I've had the 9mm for about 3 years and just got the 40 , it was in the wrapper new, the box was still in the shrink wrap.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:34:00 PM EDT
my buddy just got a new 9mm and that had the land and groove also.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:08:39 PM EDT
Mines about 3 years old (.40 fullsize) and has poly rifling. Funny, most of my handguns have poly rifling (Desert Eagle, Baby Eagle, 3 Glocks).
Top Top