Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2016 4:05:13 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm pretty damn close to pulling the trigger on a gold de50ae dressed in titanium gold. How's the finish hold up on the titanium gold ones? I only plan to put 100-150 rounds through it a year if that.. it'll mostly be an occasional range toy and show gun. Any advice/personal experience is very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely go for it. I don't think there are much concerns about the finish falling off.

As far as keeping it a display model keep in mind the DEP is a very dirty gun, at least from my experience. It's not terribly dirty but you'll notice a lot of carbon buildup even after shooting few rounds. It's very easy to scrub off with a tool and even make it really shiny with some polish like iosso.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm also really interested in this. The Titanium Gold has always been my favorite Desert Eagle in terms of looks. Haven't bought one yet because I'm worried it's a fragile finish.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I went ahead and bought one. Freaking love it. I got the 50AE Titanium gold. I've only put 40-50 rounds through it so far, but the carbon just wipes right off after shooting. Definitely my favorite range toy now. Some of my anti-gun coworkers (who play video games) want to see it/shoot it. Suuuchhhh of fun buy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe this beauty will get your anti-gun friends to reconsider their beliefs!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]
For those of you with the "special" coatings (chrome, gold, ect), how do they hold up to use/cleaning?  I had a reg black de 50 YEARS ago (since sold it, which i regret) and looking to get another 1 in the future.  I would really like the chrome/matte or the tiger stripe, but im worried about the finish.  Mostly cause I shot the snot out of my old DE, so this wouldnt be any different.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The Ti Gold is done by an outfit in California that also applies that same finish to tools and what not, its pretty durable.   The gold drill bits you see have the same finish. Now the 24k gold finish is another story entirely, if you fire it or even handle it moderately, the finish will come off.

I think this is the place: http://titaniumgun.com/
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Or you can buy the black model and get it nickel boron coated like I did with WMD Guns. Came out a nice matte nickel color. Nickel boron finishes are both durable and easier to clean! And have inherent lubricity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top