Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2015 5:07:02 AM EDT

Out of curiosity. Bought a new Baby Eagle .45 this month. Looking for a kydex holster for it like the Blackhawk Serpa. Found some for the steel framed BE 9/40 and the ad says "does not fit .45acp". Looking at the dimensions for the steel framed semi compact 9/40's vs my semi compact .45, pretty much all the dimensions are identical. Frame width is the same, barrel length the same, overall length the same, height the same. Kind of came to the conclusion they are the same size other than calibers.

Anyone here just use a holster specified for the 9/40 on their .45?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No, but any decent gunshop should let you try the 45 in that holster.

I have done just that trying to get a holster for a CZ.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately theres not a lot of gun shops locally that even carry kydex holsters other than Gander and Cabelas.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You really want a serpa buy on from cabelas, they'll take it back if it won't fit.

I never liked the serpa lock personally.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesnt have to be a serpa. I have a fobus for my p89. May just get an Alienwear one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Bladetech sells them from what I found. But also in my search, I found out according to MR's own spec sheets, steel framed semi-compacts in 9, 40 and .45 all have the same physical dimensions in barrel length, slide width, height, overall length. Just different caliber.

Thinking on just ordering one for a steel framed 9/40 semicompact and go from there. If I have to, heat gun to fit it better.

Link Posted: 12/25/2015 2:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Well ordered a Frontline one for it from IDFHolster (part of Mako from what I understand) on Dec 9. Still waiting for a tracking number or status on whats going on.

Should had just called Blade-tech.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Ended up cancelling it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bladetech sells them from what I found. But also in my search, I found out according to MR's own spec sheets, steel framed semi-compacts in 9, 40 and .45 all have the same physical dimensions in barrel length, slide width, height, overall length. Just different caliber.

Thinking on just ordering one for a steel framed 9/40 semicompact and go from there. If I have to, heat gun to fit it better.

View Quote

That is incorrect information.  Baby Eagle 9 and 40 cal are small frame Tanfoglio pattern (old gen EAA Witness).  The 45 is large frame (current Witness).
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is incorrect information.  Baby Eagle 9 and 40 cal are small frame Tanfoglio pattern (old gen EAA Witness).  The 45 is large frame (current Witness).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well according to Magnum Research's own spec page, Baby Eagle II semi compacts are all the same dimensions. Just got my Crossbreed iwb holster in and it was just listed as steel frame baby eagle and cit like a glove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top