Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/29/2010 8:02:13 AM EDT

OK, several friends of mine and I recently purchased some ex-PD HK USP 45 C's. One of them has a broken "flat spring".  From all of my searching on the internet, I gather that "it's a bitch" to replace.  OK, so noted.  Now, how does one replace this spring? What are the tools needed? What are the problems to watch for?  

Thanks very much in advance for any useful guidance anyone can give.
R/
OMCHamlin
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Call HK, get an RMA and have them fix it.  They will inspect it, too.  Well worth the one way shipping cost.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Tools needed are just a a few punches and needle nose pliers. There is a AIG USP complete strip video out there that'll help. The guy in the video is not great but you'll still see how to strip it.

It's not that hard if you're mechanically inclined.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:06:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, since posting this, I went ahead and carefully removed the broken spring by raising the center tab from the bottom side (thru the mag well) and extracting it from the top with a set of needle nose pliers. Wow, it was REALLLLLY hard . On the other hand, the new one ain't in YET, is it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Actually, since posting this, I went ahead and carefully removed the broken spring by raising the center tab from the bottom side (thru the mag well) and extracting it from the top with a set of needle nose pliers. Wow, it was REALLLLLY hard . On the other hand, the new one ain't in YET, is it?

That's where you might have to strip it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
"  That's where you might have to strip it. "

Hmmmmm.... yeah.............

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you are refering to the sear spring. You may as well push out the sear pivot and hammer pivot pins and do an armorers clean. That will probably be the only way to get the sear spring back in. As long as it isn't a lem trigger it an easy procedure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
No, I had the whole frame empty to do this. The new sear went in right in, no probs!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top