Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/8/2003 12:17:07 PM EDT
I purchased from a guy a like new tactical 45. I was'nt real sure what I was buying but my son is an armorer with the 3/7 cavalry. He said I should not pass it up. ($600)
I have a few dumb qusetions. Can you get a fake suppressor? What does a real one cost and how much trouble is getting the permit.
I understand they have quit making the Tactical 45. The newer versions do not have a threaded barrel, should'nt this increase the value of the gun? Also the cleaning kit is missing can I get one from HK?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:00:44 PM EDT
Your son was right... $600 for a like new Tactical is a sweet deal! Congratulations.

GG&G use to make fake suppressors for the Mk23; they may make one for the Tactical as well, but I wouldn't know. Getting a real suppressor depends more on your location than it does your wallet alot of times.

Beyond that, you're looking at A) The cost of the suppressor itself, B) The $200 Transfer Tax due the BATF, C) The $50 or so your dealer will charge for the paperwork/transfer, and D) The other items you'll need for processing including fingerprint cards, a sign-off from your local Sheriff or Chief of Police or similar, and most importantly patience! KAC, Gem-Tech and a few others make great cans for the Tactical.

I haven't heard anything about HK discontinuing sales of the Tactical (admittedly I don't know everything), but this is a common statement from those in the gun trade who want to sell something. And where did you hear the new versions don't have an extended/threaded barrel? It might behoove you to contact HK USA or a REAL and REPUTABLE dealer to get some hard line info.

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:04:13 PM EDT
Thanks a lot that sounds like good advice!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:18:52 PM EDT
You can also look at CCFA he makes Dummy Suppressors for the Tac. Larry also makes a thread protector, and a flash suppressor.

Congrats $600 is a very good price.

As for the cleaning kits, yes you can get them from H&k's Web Store

I haven't seen anything about H&K stopping production on the Tac.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:27:21 AM EDT
Thanks for the links that is just what I wanted to learn about. Everything I read and hear is very positive about this pistol.

That dummy suppressor would look awsome on that pistol. That link also says the flash suppressor will will improve accuracy. Apparently some of the handgun competition shooters have found this to be true.

Thanks for the links
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:51:52 AM EDT
No, $600 is an INCREDIBLE deal for a Tac! Geez, it's hard to find a brand new USP for that now. Most new tacs approach the 4 figure mark.

Congratulations, you lucky bastard!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:58:11 AM EDT
The flash hinder also looks very cool on the Tac.

Here's mine

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:39:02 PM EDT
sweet deal!! congrats!

How much does a fake can run? anyone?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:41:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chinook3:
I purchased from a guy a like new tactical 45. I was'nt real sure what I was buying but my son is an armorer with the 3/7 cavalry. He said I should not pass it up. ($600)
I understand they have quit making the Tactical 45. The newer versions do not have a threaded barrel, should'nt this increase the value of the gun? Also the cleaning kit is missing can I get one from HK?

Thanks

1)You STOLE that Tac. Seriously. That's an amazingly good price for a Tac. That's a little more than I paid for my USP .45F.

2)The Tactical hasn't been discontinued. It's still made. They're just more expensive than what you paid.

3)My USP .45F didn't come with a cleaning kit.

The suppressor questions can be better answered by others. Try HKPro too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:35:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JONNYROCKO:
sweet deal!! congrats!

How much does a fake can run? anyone?

CCFA sells theirs for $199.00
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:40:56 AM EDT
The ccfa site says the slide will not cycle when it is on. Thats not good. Although it would look pretty neat. I suppose the flash suppressor makes more sense. It sure seems funny you can't have those on an AR15 but you can on a pistol.
Does someone make a fake can that allows the gun to function and does not affect warrenty?
Does the suppressor limit the carry holster?
Does it indeed improve accuracy?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:25:16 AM EDT
I highly doubt you'll find a fake can that cycles the gun. In order for it to be a "fake" can, it would have to be solid. If it is hollow, you might be able to make a real suppressor out of it. And that would violate the law.

I'm sure you can find a holster that would accept the gun with the can on it.
But you would never be able to conceal it.A thigh holster might work best.

I haven't seen an improvement in accuracy, but than, the gun is more accurate than I am.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:08:21 AM EDT
Anyone else have positive or negative experience with CCFA'a flash suppressor? Looks interesting enough, but a little steep price if it is mainly for looks
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:30:50 AM EDT
Ok, just to establish my bonafides...

there is no fake can that will cycle. Even if you do find one that can take being fired through. The suppressor above is the Knight's Armament model USP45T, and it costs about $1100.00 plus $200 for the tax stamp.

The Tac is not discontinued, you got a great price.

It is well-nigh impossible to conceal with a can mounted. Without the can, www.comp-tac.com makes a great paddle holster that will clear the Tac's sights. Most USP holsters will not fit it. I use an Eagle SAS-MKIII drop holster with my tactical gear, I can carry it with the can mounted.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:50:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:
I use an Eagle SAS-MKIII drop holster with my tactical gear, I can carry it with the can mounted.

And now I know where to get a holster for MINE. Thanks

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:01:18 AM EDT
Do the fake cans quiet the noise any at all. I agree it seems kind of expensive for something just to look at.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:14:36 AM EDT
no, otherwise they'd legally be a suppressor. Waste of money, imho, usually bought by the same folks who put z-rated tires on ricers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:29:13 PM EDT
I dunno. I got a fake can for my Mac. Something to hang onto. But eventually I will get the upper threaded to work with my MP5 suppressor and sell (toss?) the fake suppressor.

I agree they are a waste on a pistol
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top