Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/7/2003 6:26:03 AM EDT

I already own two USPs, one in 9mm and one in .40. I would like to add the Tactical .45 to my collection, because I have heard some excellent things about it from a knowledgeable friend who has fired one. I also would like to buy a suppressor for it eventually, which would be my first foray into the world of Class II/III.

So does anyone have anything to add? Any problems with the Tactical I should know about? I won't be carrying it anywhere except the range (or after the SHTF, of course), so I am not concerned with concealability, or anything.

Basically my mind is made up, I just make a habit of checking in with the ARFCOM army before spending a lot of money. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:10:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2003 7:10:26 AM EDT by Dredd308]
First off, get a thread protector.
Second, the flash suppressor from CCFA

They look cool.
Larry from CCFA has good cans. (did I say that?)
He is coming out with a carbon fiber can too. (I want one)

No problems I've heard of. Mine runs like melting butter.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:42:24 PM EDT
Get it... I fired about 5,000 rounds in the last year if no problems, no jams, no miss feeds, nothing. a knight's can for the tac will cost the same as the gun which sucks
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:07:58 AM EDT
A_T not to diss Knights products, Larry at CCFA says his can is quieter on the Tac, and Knights can is quieter on the Mark 23 SOCOM pistol. (it was designed for the Mark 23)

Note: I don't have either, just sharing a little info.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:04:58 PM EDT
Dredd,

Where do you find the thread protectors?

Also, if you were not going to get a can, what are the advantages of the Tactical over the standard USP 45F? (I have a standard and am thinking about buying the parts - barrel, recoil assy., sights, o-ring, etc. to make it into a Tactical)

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:43:36 AM EDT
You can get the Tread Protctor at www.ccfa.com/hktacite.htm the bottom of the page. Thats the one I have.

But, I think This one looks better, it has more of a gripping surface.

Advantages? Well, the Tac has the o-ring barrel, match trigger,adjustable trigger stop, adjustable sights.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:07:51 AM EDT

I like it with the CCFA suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:39:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By az_larry:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=11458

How is the reliablity of this setup? Does it always cycle and function fine?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:50:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By az_larry:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=11458

Yes, please give us a report on function with the CCFA. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:09:27 PM EDT
I've had it a couple of years. The only differance on the gun from the pic is it now has mepros. It runs like a charm. Larry at CCFA has offered to upgrade it to the new carbon fiber can, but it aint broke so I'm probably not going to fix it. Dry it sounds like a .22. Wet it's pretty darn quiet. Actually, I like it better than the Knight's can on my Mark 23. Seems to be more accurate without having to index the can. No malfunctions and always cylcles.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top