Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/30/2003 10:13:45 PM EDT
It is my understanding that the mag bodies of 10 and 12 rounders are the same. There is a small piece of plastic (attatched to the floorplate) to keep one from loading 12 bullets. I've noticed the 12 rd mags are going for about $100+.

I'm sure it is illegal to remove the extra plastic, or to purchase 12 floorplates/springs. Would any of this be legal when/if the "assault weapons ban" sunsets? I think the AW ban affects new hi cap mags for pistols.

P 14's and Kimber mags are not even close to the cost of HK mags. I would really like to aquire 12 rd mags for my USP but my pockets aren't that deep.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:31:17 AM EDT
The mag bodies are different, the floor plates will not interchange.

You would have to buy 12 round mags.

Try to find some used ones at gun shows. They will still be pricey. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:58:58 AM EDT
What a buzz kill.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:46:47 AM EDT
This guy: www.robertrtg.com has 12 round HK USP45 mags for $79 each. They are unmarked.

You have to ask yourself though if two extra rounds is worth $35.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:01:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
This guy: www.robertrtg.com has 12 round HK USP45 mags for $79 each. They are unmarked.

You have to ask yourself though if two extra rounds is worth $35.

Yep, Robert Johnson does sell them, and he is very trustworthy.

I bought three brand new 12rd USP45 mags from him this past summer. Once I got them, I realized that 2 more rounds wasn't worth the extra money (and possible legal issues) so I exchanged them for more 9mm hi-caps...

Excellent service.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:06:10 AM EDT
Maybe I just didn't see it, but where on his site does he sell H&K USP .45 12-round magazines? Are they still available from him?
Thanks,

BP
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:08:49 AM EDT
Call or email him. He has them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:41:27 PM EDT
I'm not a lawyer or an expert but, regarding the idea of changing the floorplates (which some say will not work) you may have legal problems. Some other discussions I have been in regarding M1A magazines, for the same reason of price, dealt with putting together bodies and "rebuild kits" consisitng of springs and floor plates. The consesnsus was that this would make one a "manufacturer" of a high capacity magazine, something which is frowned upon by BATF. I can't say for sure, but you might wish to take it into consideration.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top