Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 5:12:17 PM EDT
Does it ever get any better??? I just added a USP40 to my collection, and the first shot SUCKS! Is there anything do to help this out? Dry fire it, keep decocking and D/A fire it at the range??? Right now my Kahr P40 outshoots my full size USP.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a couple of options for you. You can drop to a bit lighter mainspring thus easing the poundage on the pull.

H&K Pro has replacement trigger parts/groups. I don't know if they make one for your gun or not.

I just bought my second USP, a .357Sig Compact & the trigger seems to be a bit stiffer than my .45 Compact for some reason.

It does help if you add a bit of oil to the hammer & sear. Break-in might help a bit, mine damn sure seems to need it.    
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the hope. How do you like your 45c?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Scrub, I have a 45c for my carry gun. I also use it for IDPA.
I've done better than than guys useing custom full size 1911's.

I'm not saying I'm a great shooter. (there are several guys that would eat me for breakfast that I shoot with)

But the gun is dead on.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on the .45 Compact. I wouldn't hesitate at all to use mine for a bullseye match.

I just wanted the ballastics of the .357Sig for a carry gun.

I've seen guys get disgusted with their Colt GC 1911s after shooting my USP. Kinda funny.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
OK guys, is the DA pull on the 45 compact as bad as on the full size USP?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The triggers on all my Hk's have gotten better with use.  My double action shot is actually pretty smooth, and I have no trouble transitioning from double to single action.  some say it takes a bit of getting used to when you first switch to a USP.  I found it to point very naturally for me and could shoot very well with it right away.  give it a couple humdred rounds and you will love it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the support guys. I've been trying to convince myself that I did OK with my purchase, but I'm still sweating it a bit. I've wanted an H&K for a long time and made a good deal on a NIB USP40, but DAMN... Sure have to work on my DA/SA shooting with this one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I was the first of my circle of freinds to dabble with handguns (they're rifle guys.)  After a few years they all got their own handguns.  Some 1911's, one glock and Kimber.  They all still use my .45 HK USP as the benchmark.

Don't get me wrong.  They are all fine handguns.  They all have their presonal preference-and with reasons, but all the guys agree on one thing.

"There's just something about an HK."
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top