Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/13/2003 11:08:31 AM EDT
I purchased a relatively nice hi-cap magazine from a friend of mine for my brand new USP .40, and I'm so pissed right now I'm not even sure if this will come out legible.

Long story short, unloading the car, I left the magazine in the side pocket of my shooting bag, and it fell out on my driveway.  I already had a hand full of pistol cases, so I decided to leave it and pick it up on the way back.  I walk outside, and my girlfriend gets home, and I see her mustang in the general area where I dropped my mag.  She says she heard something crack, and I almost shit my pants. I look under her left front tire, and right behind it is my hi-cap USP mag with a nice crack near the center of the left side. Given the weight of the car, the magazine held up quite nicely...the follower and baseplate appear to be ok, but it will need a new spring and magazine body.

Any idea where to get replacements?  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Call H&K

They wont replace it for free, but you should be able to buy a new body for it.

Telephone: (703) 450-1900
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you really do that for a mag?  And do any other companies do this for their customers?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you have a Glock, Sportsmans Guide sells replacement hi-cap magazine bodies straight from their store.  They carry them as regular parts anyone can purchase.

Thats why i was hoping that someone did the same for HK magazines.  Hell, if I have to call H&K to order one mag body, might as well re-furb my other two hi-caps.

Legally...I can do this if I destroy the original magazine body, correct?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The magazine body is just a part. Its not the magazine. The law states you can not buy a magazine over 10 rounds. It does NOT say you cant fix what you already own.

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hell, if I have to call H&K to order one mag body, might as well re-furb my other two hi-caps.

Legally...I can do this if I destroy the original magazine body, correct?

They might make you send them the damaged part before they send you a new one. I dont think you'll have a chance at re-furbishing your other mags. Just because you want to.

If they replace the broken tube, be happy about that, dont push it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, thats kinda what I figured.  Might as well just send them all in if I have the chance to.  Some of em are pretty nasty looking.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Some of mine look like crap to, but still run slick as shit.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Marksman, Did you get a chance to call HK?

Let us know what they said, ok?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top