Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/16/2003 4:58:49 PM EDT
Looking to buy my first CCW handgun. I have narrowed my search down to the H&K USP Compact in .40, or simular sized Sig model,P239. Any advice ?

Thanks, Joe39
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:57:30 PM EDT
I know I'll catch hell for this but here goes.

My H&K outshot (accuracy) the hell out of both my Glock 30 & Sig P-220. So I sold both of them.

Strictly operation wise, the H&K will allow a use of safety whereas the Sig doesn't have one. Both have decockers.

The Sig is probably going to be a bit slimmer, I'm not sure as my USP is .45acp.

The Sig is a damn good gun & will almost always shoot anything you care to put in it.

But it'll never be as good as a H&K.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:16:48 AM EDT
You can't go wrong with either. I would carry the one that you felt most comfortable with and shot the best.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:20:18 AM EDT
Neither is ideal if weight or size is a concern. I carry my my USP40c, so it is not an issue for me.

It is a lot bulkier than my 1991a1...but I can put 5 shots in a 3" circle at 10yds in fairly quick succesion with the USP.

HTH..
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:07:55 PM EDT
Thanks guy's,

I think the H&K is going to get my money this time around.

Best place to buy an H&K USP ??

Joe
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:22:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Joe39:
Thanks guy's,

I think the H&K is going to get my money this time around.

Best place to buy an H&K USP ??

Joe

Quite possibly here on the equipment exchange. I just got a slighty used USP45F for a great price. The sights need a little adjustment, but other than that it is 99%.....

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:00:26 PM EDT
I'd hit the local gunshows for your USP. There's nothing like actually holding the gun before you buy it, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:36:40 AM EDT
Joe,
I have a USP compact in .40 with less that 500 rds through it in perfect shape for sell if your interested.
AZSigman
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:30:06 PM EDT
I have a Colt Light Weight Commander which I like very much; it is on it's second frame however. It developed a crack just forward of the slide release lever (it's a 1954 production gun, and has only fired factory ammo says my uncle who gave it to me).

The SIG P220 is a sweet pistol, accurate, reliable and somehow boxy and "big" compared to the Colt. It has fired many rounds of GI hardball, and has never failed me. This handgun is the most reliable pistol I have ever fired.

But my favorite is the HK Compact in .45ACP. The only options for this fine handgun are night sights. This is not a pistol you can tinker with like the Colt. It is thick, and carries best in a shoulder rig. It also has a positive safety. And it is 100% reliable and as accurate as any target pistol. It has the additional advantage of having all the controls whre they should be (Colt 1911A1 style) and a true double action with a second strike.

If I had to get rid of two of them, with tears in my eyes, it would be the SIG and the Colt.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top