Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 8:32:48 PM EDT
I want to get into shooting competition. Would the USP .45 be a competitive weapon? Or, would you recommend a smaller caliber?

Best regards,

Brent Sauer
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll be better off in a bullseye match with a .45acp as it makes a bigger hole. In an IDPA match you'll be handicapped a bit with the 8rd mag capacity. You might win your class but you'll never take overall winner against the hi-cap boys.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You'll be better off in a bullseye match with a .45acp as it makes a bigger hole. In an IDPA match you'll be handicapped a bit with the 8rd mag capacity. You might win your class but you'll never take overall winner against the hi-cap boys.

BC, the HK USP45 is a 10 rd. post ban magazine, the Compact version has the 8 rd.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The problems I've seen with USP's at matches include: horrible double action pull, if you have a variant one and carry cocked and locked sometimes you will accidently de-cock knocking off the safety and USP shooters seem to accidently drop mags more often.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BC, the HK USP45 is a 10 rd. post ban magazine, the Compact version has the 8 rd.

Hell, someone owns something other than the Compact?????  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the full size. Bought it today from JAFO. I like it. Dont mind the size. When I am old enough to carry, I might be interested in the compact.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Funny you should say that...at HKPro you would get the opposite response.  I have the Tactical .45 and is accurate beyond me...
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top