Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/6/2003 8:32:48 PM EDT
I want to get into shooting competition. Would the USP .45 be a competitive weapon? Or, would you recommend a smaller caliber?

Best regards,

Brent Sauer
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:03:54 PM EDT
You'll be better off in a bullseye match with a .45acp as it makes a bigger hole. In an IDPA match you'll be handicapped a bit with the 8rd mag capacity. You might win your class but you'll never take overall winner against the hi-cap boys.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:44:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
You'll be better off in a bullseye match with a .45acp as it makes a bigger hole. In an IDPA match you'll be handicapped a bit with the 8rd mag capacity. You might win your class but you'll never take overall winner against the hi-cap boys.

BC, the HK USP45 is a 10 rd. post ban magazine, the Compact version has the 8 rd.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:59:32 PM EDT
The problems I've seen with USP's at matches include: horrible double action pull, if you have a variant one and carry cocked and locked sometimes you will accidently de-cock knocking off the safety and USP shooters seem to accidently drop mags more often.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:41:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mb121:
BC, the HK USP45 is a 10 rd. post ban magazine, the Compact version has the 8 rd.

Hell, someone owns something other than the Compact?????
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:29:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Originally Posted By Mb121:

I have the full size. Bought it today from JAFO. I like it. Dont mind the size. When I am old enough to carry, I might be interested in the compact.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:38:55 AM EDT

Funny you should say that...at HKPro you would get the opposite response. I have the Tactical .45 and is accurate beyond me...
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top