Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:40:36 PM EDT
This is probably old news to all here, but I just heard of it, so bear with me please. Has HK finally announced a complete halt to MK23 production? I've heard this at numerous times in the past but this time I heard it from a trusted friend who is pretty "dialed in" to the gun industry. Please shed some light on the issue if you have verifiable info supporting or debunking this claim. If it is DC'ed how long will there be parts support for the pistol, and are prices shooting through the roof?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
TAG
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mark 23 is DC'd along with the P7M8 M13, USP Expert and Eilite.

Mark 23's have always had a huge price tag, and were on a limited basis. Right now if you want a HK 23 they are selling pretty cheap. CDNN, Cals Sporting Goods, and a few other dealers are selling Desert Tan HK Mark 23s for $1,700 NIB.   The black ones are more.

I the Mark 23 is built like a tank so I don't think you will need to relpace any small parts, but should you do, they will still be for sale.

HK 91,93,94 parts are still for sale along with HK Hunting rifles. The HK USP Match was DC'd about eight years ago and you can still buy the barrel weight. Hell, I just bought some HK P9S parts and they have not been made since 1984.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool on parts availability, I already have one of the original black ones, great pistol, and was considering selling it, but now I will definitely be holding on to it for dear life. Now all I need is a good source for 12 round mags, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Check CDNN I think they had MK23 mags for $59
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cool on parts availability, I already have one of the original black ones, great pistol, and was considering selling it, but now I will definitely be holding on to it for dear life. Now all I need is a good source for 12 round mags, any suggestions?

Used & cheap then try: Sunset weapons and Gordon Miller on HKPro
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Gordon Miller is a top notch guy to deal with
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top