Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:26:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
that is a USP.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. That is a USP.

Is your point that weapons from all manufacturers KABOOM?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The ten or so "Austrian junk" pistols that I've owned have cycled many thousands of rounds of all types of ammunition (except reloads) without any failures, none.

Don't believe evrything you read on the internet.  GLOCK kabooms are a rarity and no more common than in any other pistols out there.  They are the AK47's of the pistol world, there ain't nothin sexy about em but they work, everytime.

I like pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns of all types and own many other than GLOCKs but I trust my life to a GLOCK and I have never had reason to rethink that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had a problem with thousands and thousands of rounds for years through a number of glocks.  THe Kabooms are oftens caused by ammo and miss-use.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
all guns have the capacity to explode, if the shooter is negligible, such that loading defective ammo.
Haven't you seen pics of shotguns, revolvers, rifles, sig pistols and 1911s explode? this is old news.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, you ought to read the link before you post.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats.  You're a 10,000+ post
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ease up on Dave. He's just sore that for every odd pic of a HK or 1911 KBing, there are more than a few of these:

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ease up on Dave. He's just sore that for every odd pic of a HK or 1911 KBing, there are more than a few of these:

img53.imageshack.us/img53/1358/glock21kb9af.jpg
img86.imageshack.us/img86/1715/kb13ol.jpg

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
From the thread...:

hk said they would fix it for 175 bucks... other wise iam sol unless the ammo manufactuer ( extream shock ) would pay for it , i called them today and they said yes they would cover it
not only will they cover it but they will throw in a hat and shirt....... they where more worried about my hand then any thing else where hk they didnt even ask how my hand was at all not one bit

i will "kill" hk sales in my area with this

--------------------

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:37:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Discussion of another Glock Kaboom, when will people learn to buy quality firearms rather than Austrian Junk?

www.hkweaponsystems.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=006941

maybe when they start to tell the difference in makes??  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I wanna play I wanna play!

OH MY, IS THAT A MK.23 .45ACP? THE ELITE HANDGUN USED BY NAVY SEALS?

KABOOM BITCHES
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]
See firearms suck, I'm going back to a bow and arrow, those NEVER KB.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Hitler was Austrian, and he KB's an entire continent! W000000000000000000T!!!

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh, no, not a genuine Colt!  God-forbid!

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the point in all this, to show that all guns can KB under the right set of circumstances?  There has not been a firearm made that cannot be blown to bits if one tries hard enough.  Are HKs more or less likely to KB?  I would say very slightly less because of the fully supported chamber, but not when shooting factory ammo.  If shooting reloads where the unsupported chamber of the Glock can lead to early case fatigue due to excessive brass working and case splitting in the head area-IF the reloader is careless and not paying attention-then the Glock will KB ONLY because the case head fails which is NOT a failure of the Glock, but the failure of the RELOADER from not watching what the hell they were doing.  The same thing can happen to any firearm.  While a fully supported chamber causes the brass to be worked less during resizing in the head area.  If the case head fails, regardless of reason, the gun is going to KB, no ifs, ands, or buts.
 Only an idiot would say that Glock, Sig, HK, or any other quality firearm is a junk gun because of the inevitable KBs that are going to happen, but it seems there are many among us who think their pet brand is the only gun worth owning and those who disagrees are total fools.  All the guns shown are excellent quality firearms and all of them will shoot more accurately and reliably than they have any right to, especially considering their relatively low cost.  Yes, considering the quality and reliability you get even HKs give a good return on the dollar, and Glock’s lower cost makes them even more attractive to many departments and shooters.
This pissing contest of my gun is better than yours show only how ignorant of firearms many people are.  If they TRULY knew anything about the different guns being trashed here they would know to keep their mouths shut and let people think them a fool instead of opening it and removing all doubt.  All of them are good, quality firearms that would serve anyone well over multiple lifetimes if given any reasonable amount of care at all.        
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
What Causes this blow out in #4???

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What's the point in all this, to show that all guns can KB under the right set of circumstances?  There has not been a firearm made that cannot be blown to bits if one tries hard enough.  Are HKs more or less likely to KB?  I would say very slightly less because of the fully supported chamber, but not when shooting factory ammo.  If shooting reloads where the unsupported chamber of the Glock can lead to early case fatigue due to excessive brass working and case splitting in the head area-IF the reloader is careless and not paying attention-then the Glock will KB ONLY because the case head fails which is NOT a failure of the Glock, but the failure of the RELOADER from not watching what the hell they were doing.  The same thing can happen to any firearm.  While a fully supported chamber causes the brass to be worked less during resizing in the head area.  If the case head fails, regardless of reason, the gun is going to KB, no ifs, ands, or buts.
 Only an idiot would say that Glock, Sig, HK, or any other quality firearm is a junk gun because of the inevitable KBs that are going to happen, but it seems there are many among us who think their pet brand is the only gun worth owning and those who disagrees are total fools.  All the guns shown are excellent quality firearms and all of them will shoot more accurately and reliably than they have any right to, especially considering their relatively low cost.  Yes, considering the quality and reliability you get even HKs give a good return on the dollar, and Glock’s lower cost makes them even more attractive to many departments and shooters.
This pissing contest of my gun is better than yours show only how ignorant of firearms many people are.  If they TRULY knew anything about the different guns being trashed here they would know to keep their mouths shut and let people think them a fool instead of opening it and removing all doubt.  All of them are good, quality firearms that would serve anyone well over multiple lifetimes if given any reasonable amount of care at all.        

Good ran't, but I think most people are posting here in jest.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Especially those of us who own Glocks, Sigs, and HKs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Discussion of another Glock Kaboom, when will people learn to buy quality firearms rather than Austrian Junk?

www.hkweaponsystems.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=006941

I hardly consider my Glock junk.
As for link to the pic you posted,funny how they made that"Glock" look like a H&K.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#24]
It is sorta interesting how most of the HK examples have a split handle.

I guess they got the interchangable backstrap figured out!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And in roughly the same place. I don't get it; kinda far from the chamber.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Very well said.  Almost every KB that I have ever seen or herd of was the shooters fault.  But shit does and will happen.  I have a USP .45 with many thousand rounds through it with not one problem.  A freind of mine had a USP Tactical that blew out on the side of the grip just like some of these pics.  It was a reload...  It still functioned though.  HK did replace the frame for the $175 fee.  I will never get rid of mine, infact I will be getting a P2000 in about 2 weeks.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Finally a voice of REASON.  Still,  I don't think its gonna stop this BS.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#28]

that poor mg42
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly the way they are designed to KB.  If the case head ruptures the gun is designed to vent the gasses down through the mag well, expanding the frame which will split the frame and blow out the mag.  Same for most Glock KBs.  The gasses split of the frame which lets the mag be released so the gasses can vent down, away from the shooter's face and hands.  You might end up with a few minor cuts on your hand and your hand will no doubt hurt like hell, but because the gun does not fragment like a grenade you get to keep all your fingers and because the metal portions usually do not fragment people near you get to keep their eyes.  And any polymer that does fragment off the gun, because it is so light and has such a bad BC, unlike steel pieces, it slows quickly and is much less likely to inflict serious harm if it does hit someone nearby.
People like to rip polymer frame guns for their splitting in a KB but IMO because of this action there are a whole lot of people walking around today with all ten digits instead of being one or three short.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Especially those of us who own Glocks, Sigs, and HKs.

Yep!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#31]
notice the lack of pictures of KABOOMED Hi-Points or Lorcrins
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly the way they are designed to KB.  If the case head ruptures the gun is designed to vent the gasses down through the mag well, expanding the frame which will split the frame and blow out the mag.  Same for most Glock KBs.  The gasses split of the frame which lets the mag be released so the gasses can vent down, away from the shooter's face and hands.  You might end up with a few minor cuts on your hand and your hand will no doubt hurt like hell, but because the gun does not fragment like a grenade you get to keep all your fingers and because the metal portions usually do not fragment people near you get to keep their eyes.  And any polymer that does fragment off the gun, because it is so light and has such a bad BC, unlike steel pieces, it slows quickly and is much less likely to inflict serious harm if it does hit someone nearby.
People like to rip polymer frame guns for their splitting in a KB but IMO because of this action there are a whole lot of people walking around today with all ten digits instead of being one or three short.

So would those hogue slip on rubber grips be a bad thing in this situation, since they seem to be rather tough?  Or would they end up protecting you hand from potential shards of plastic since they are elastic and provide a barrier between the frame and your hand?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I wonder what percentage of KBs were the result of reloads vs factory or surplus vs retail ammo?

I just blew the primer and case bulged from a 5.56 british surplus bandolier round in my AR
Jammed the bolt so hard the RSO had to come "retract" my bolt with a brass rod and hammer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The ten or so "Austrian junk" pistols that I've owned have cycled many thousands of rounds of all types of ammunition (except reloads) without any failures, none.

Don't believe evrything you read on the internet.  GLOCK kabooms are a rarity and no more common than in any other pistols out there.  They are the AK47's of the pistol world, there ain't nothin sexy about em but they work, everytime.

I like pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns of all types and own many other than GLOCKs but I trust my life to a GLOCK and I have never had reason to rethink that.

'

flydog,
Rare is not everytime.  Your reasoning is flawed.  And having all your fingers is overrated.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

SIGS
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That's because when one of them Kb's there is nothing left to photograph.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
See firearms suck, I'm going back to a bow and arrow, those NEVER KB.

They don't KB, but the fiberglass limbs definitly break, so anything can KB.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#38]
PWONED by your own inexperience!!!!

Also... I am begining to use the " What do you think of Glocks as a pistol?" question as a litmus test to tell if someone is a space shuttle door gunner.

Answer #1 Good gun. Not verry fancy. ===  Normal guy.

Answer #2 FRIGGIN GRENADE! I would not want to own one if given one.... === ASS HAT.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
members.dslextreme.com/users/radioman89/MG42_kb.jpg

that poor mg42

Pic from Bob Naess' web site.  Results of using Indian .308 ammo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#40]
WHS78;
 Those Hogue grips are mighty thin so I doubt that they would offer much if any protection in a KB.  If one gets too roudy putting them on they tear quite easily so my feeling is that during a KB they would split/tear fairly easily or stretch like a rubber band and offer little if any protection.  During a KB you want the mag well to expand and split getting that mag out of the way as quickly as possible.  With the mag out of the way the gas has more room to expand, which lowers pressures and allows it to vent harmlessly down instead of out through the front, sides, or back which could do a lot more damage to your hand.  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top