Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:38:54 PM EDT
Just wondering, what kind of 100 yard accuracy do you guys know/think a uspc in 9mm and 45acp would be capable of, comparatively. (basically, what kind of grouping, how much damage caused at that kind of range)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:15:31 PM EDT
Way too many variables in ammo to give a general answer, IMO. +P, standard or +P+ will all have different performances, obviously.

As for accuracy, I would say a 6" group with a good shooter & good ammo is possible. Not easy, but possible. Bob Munden has done shots with a 2" snubbie like hitting a ballon at 100 yards (200?) on tv. Point is, a good shooter can hit some long shots once he learns the trajectory of the ammo he's using.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:37:47 PM EDT
Cool, I was wondering if anyone thought a .45 or 9mm in the USP c would be more accurate at that kind of range, but I think you answered my question well. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:13:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WestPointCadet:
Cool, I was wondering if anyone thought a .45 or 9mm in the USP c would be more accurate at that kind of range,

More accurate than what?????????
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:48:48 PM EDT
I will always throw a magazine or two at our steel plate at 100 yds. Shooting a full size USP .45 supported with Fiocchi or WWB 230 gr. FMJ I can hit the plate with almost half the shots. The plate is around 12 by 12 inches. The only gun I have not hit the plate with is my S&W snubbies. Shooting my 1911 I can hit it unsupported but not with the H&K.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Cool, I was wondering if anyone thought a .45 or 9mm in the USP c would be more accurate at that kind of range,

More accurate than what?????????

I was mostly wondering if there would be a difference in the 9mm or .45 versions of the pistol; although I have heard both have fairly decent long range accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:53:36 PM EDT
Probably .45 by a little bit, but not really enough to notice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:38:40 AM EDT

I was mostly wondering if there would be a difference in the 9mm or .45 versions of the pistol; although I have heard both have fairly decent long range accuracy.

Ah.

The 9mm will shoot a bit flatter due to its lighter weight & bit faster velocity. However, once one adjusted to either trajectory, the accuracy difference should be minimal, if any at all.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:40:06 PM EDT
I shot a 9" 6 shot group from a 9c with CCI Blazer a few weeks ago.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top