Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:09:07 PM EDT
I'm just curious and would like to know all there is about this gun, even the bad stuff (if it applies?). I'm not that excited about a 40cal and would prefer another 45cal. Any and all info would be great. The guns I currently own are a Kimber TLE/II, Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec G.I., S&W 686 4" revolver and a Ruger Vaquero 44mag. Also, is there any advantage besides personal preference between the H&K 45 USP Compact and the Glock of similar size? Please no flamming. I want honest input not "High-Jacking". Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:50:13 PM EDT
I love mine. It is a good shooter and has been 100% reliable thus far (about 5K) down the pipe.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:21:59 PM EDT
I have won casual bulls-eye matches with my Comapct. Surprised everyone, especially me!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:48:33 PM EDT
I can't add anything bad. Love my compact. Great size and weight. Straight shooter. I put mepro nite sights on it my self. If you've never had one, you owe it to yourself. Here is a pic of mine with Milt Sparks ll and Mags,
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:44:50 AM EDT
Cool, thanks for the reply's. I just want a reliable compact 45cal without having to spend the money on a custom/semi custom compact 1911. I've been looking at these in the V1 configuration and down the road would put some Meprolite night sights on. Mepro's have always worked great for me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:42:28 PM EDT

I just want a reliable compact 45cal without having to spend the money on a custom/semi custom compact 1911

Reliable is not a word I would associate with a 1911.

are you that sigfiend dude?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:35 PM EDT
Shot my USP Compact in .40 in our local IDPA match yesterday. I was extremely surprised at how well the pistol performed (I normally shoot a 5" Kimber Stainless TLEII) despite the short sight radius and light weight.

My double taps were within an inch of each other and shooting at speed posed no problem.

Only once did I ride the thumb safety too hard which locked the trigger up (went to decock). Fortunately, I had practiced enough and this may have cost me a .25 second (was able to rectify the problem without too much of a problem). The only "issue" was a shooter induced one and no fault of the pistol.

I'm using it again next month if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:55:43 PM EDT
Virtually the same size as a Glock 19 so it's easly concealable. I recommend a MS VMII. It's very accurate as previously indicated and extremely reliable. In short, I love mine.

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:55:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JCG4:
I just want a reliable compact 45cal without having to spend the money on a custom/semi custom compact 1911.

I wrestled with that very issue myself, before I bought my USPc in .45 caliber. I just couldn't see paying $1000-1200 for a 1911 and then spend $200-500 more customizing it. My HK is great right out of the box. I am incredibly accurate with it. It is about the same size as a 9mm Glock 19 (i.e., much smaller than a Glock 21 chambered in .45 ACP).
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:57:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thebomber:
Virtually the same size as a Glock 19 so it's easly concealable. I recommend a MS VMII. It's very accurate as previously indicated and extremely reliable. In short, I love mine.

Bomber

+1 on the VMII from Milt Sparks
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:01:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gudel:

I just want a reliable compact 45cal without having to spend the money on a custom/semi custom compact 1911

Reliable is not a word I would associate with a 1911.

are you that sigfiend dude?

"Sigfiend dude"??? Since I don't know what you mean, I'll say no.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:20:42 PM EDT
this guy. Same topic
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:06:20 PM EDT
Nope, not me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:12:28 PM EDT
If I had to settle on one handgun for CCW it would be my USPC .45. If I had to settle for only one of my HKs it would still be the USPC .45 and I have them all. This pistol is perfect for me and none of the others, not the SOCOM, Elite, Expert, Tac...come close to fitting me as well or pointing as naturally as does the Compact .45. The USPC .45 is the perfect pistol for me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:27:34 AM EDT
Amen!

Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
If I had to settle on one handgun for CCW it would be my USPC .45. If I had to settle for only one of my HKs it would still be the USPC .45 and I have them all. This pistol is perfect for me and none of the others, not the SOCOM, Elite, Expert, Tac...come close to fitting me as well or pointing as naturally as does the Compact .45. The USPC .45 is the perfect pistol for me.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:06:22 PM EDT
I like my .45USP/C but I prefer to carry my 9mmUSP/C because it has a better trigger.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:30:23 PM EDT
im glad i found this thread - i am plannin on purchasing an USP C 45ACP tomorrow! i am hoping to find torture tests of the H&K versus glocks.

ill be part of the group soooooon! cant wait!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:51:29 AM EDT
bought a 40 usp compact a month ago.
and i am toally happy with it, 2500 rounds and it didn't jam once!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:42:09 PM EDT
Bought a USPC .45 a month ago and absolutely love it. Shoots great, feels good in the hand absolutely no complaints. With the Galco Skyops holster the pistol all but disappears.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:26:29 AM EDT
I've owned Glocks and HK's, I must admit the Glock is a tough gun, but I find the HK to perform under the circumstances that most would deal with on a normal basis just as good. The HK is much easier to shoot and I'm more accurate with it than the Glock.

The thing I like most about my HK is being able to carry with 1 in the pipe. Double/Single action is nice, decocker is great. I really must say I've pretty much quit carrying the Glock and keep the HK on my side.

I hope you find the HK as nice as I do.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top