Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:00:31 PM EDT
ok, i took my USP9f out to the range for the first time the other day, and it's shooting up and to the left. i figured since it's my first handgun, i'm doin something wrong. then i had my experienced friend shoot it with the same results. then tried it off a rest with the same thing

what do i need to do/buy with the sights to make it dead on? it's about 2 inches up, 1" left.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 8:38:01 PM EDT by choochboost]
Is your pistol brand new or did you buy it used? I'm still leaning to operator error. Have someone else shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:54:45 PM EDT
Give it to an experienced shooter, and ask him to put it on a rest.

My HK's shoot dead nuts on.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:23:33 AM EDT
try different ammo, and what distance were you shooting?

I like my pistols to be zerored at 50 yards. up close you can tell as I think it was something like 15 and 50 are the same zero.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:58:56 AM EDT
I had the same problem when I got my first USP, I shoot it and a friend shot it both were to the left 2" or so every time at 15 yards. So when I took my CCW class I asked the instructor about it when we were shooting he shoot 12 rounds, he had a 1.5" group in the center. It was just how I was putting my finger on the front of the trigger gaurd and pulling the front of the gun to the left when I shot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:37:10 AM EDT
it's new to me, about 500 rounds old. i don't mean to be rude, but i put that i had an experienced shooter shoot it right in the initial post. but anyway, should the stock sights be dead on if the rear sight is exactly center?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:21:47 AM EDT
we are not being rude nor are we taking you as,,, I was just telling you how it was for me, is the experienced shooter experienced with shooting a USP? I never had the problem with any other gun, and I have shot a lot. It was just the way I held the USP that was doing it. Are you putting your finger on the front of the trigger guard? I noticed I was for some reason, where as I don't on my Sigs. when he pointed it out to me and I took my finger off the guard I was then shooting straight..
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top