Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:00:31 PM EDT
ok, i took my USP9f out to the range for the first time the other day, and it's shooting up and to the left.  i figured since it's my first handgun, i'm doin something wrong.  then i had my experienced friend shoot it with the same results.  then tried it off a rest with the same thing

what do i need to do/buy with the sights to make it dead on?  it's about 2 inches up, 1" left.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your pistol brand new or did you buy it used?  I'm still leaning to operator error.  Have someone else shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Give it to an experienced shooter, and ask him to put it on a rest.

My HK's shoot dead nuts on.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
try different ammo, and what distance were you shooting?

I like my pistols to be zerored at 50 yards.  up close you can tell as I think it was something like 15 and 50 are the same zero.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem when I got my first USP, I shoot it and a friend shot it both were to the left 2" or so every time at 15 yards. So when I took my CCW class I asked the instructor about it when we were shooting he shoot 12 rounds, he had a 1.5" group in the center. It was just how I was putting my finger on the front of the trigger gaurd and pulling the front of the gun to the left when I shot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
it's new to me, about 500 rounds old.  i don't mean to be rude, but i put that i had an experienced shooter shoot it right in the initial post.  but anyway, should the stock sights be dead on if the rear sight is exactly center?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
we are not being rude nor are we taking you as,,, I was just telling you how it was for me, is the experienced shooter experienced with shooting a USP? I never had the problem with any other gun, and I have shot a lot. It was just the way I held the USP that was doing it. Are you putting your finger on the front of the trigger guard? I noticed I was for some reason, where as I don't on my Sigs. when he pointed it out to me and I took my finger off the guard I was then shooting straight..
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top