Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/13/2006 11:23:23 AM EDT
i bought a fullsize 9mm, and it hasn't gotten here yet.  i went ahead and bought a fobus paddle holster model HK-1.  it says it fits the fullsize, but i'm looking at the shape of the trigger guard cutout, and it's indented like the compact one.  it doesn't seem like the fullsize trigger guard would fit in this.  anybody use it and can help me out?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
and here's a pic of the holster.  it doesn't look like it will fit the angle of the USPf guard, although the instructions say it does so it very well might.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it will fit. Some of the slide will stick out the end, obviously.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, it will fit. Some of the slide will stick out the end, obviously.

thanks!  i was just unsure about the trigger guard since they are different shapes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]

FWIW

The .45 fullsize will fit as well but it won't give you a positive lock due to the trigger guard shape.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
My fobus HK1 fits my .40 full size. The slide barely sticks out the bottom.  Good for range work, but too dang big to use CCW.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes it fits both my HK USP Fullsize 9mm and the USP compact in 9mm as well. Might scratch the finish tho on the HE. I stopped using the Fobus cause of that and started using Safariland and the suede lining they have in theirs keeps the slide from being scratched.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes it fits both my HK USP Fullsize 9mm and the USP compact in 9mm as well. Might scratch the finish tho on the HE. I stopped using the Fobus cause of that and started using Safariland and the suede lining they have in theirs keeps the slide from being scratched.

ouch!  i'm gonna have to take it back!  sorry guys, but i like my guns pristine.  plus i heard fobus wasn't great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
sorry guys, but i like my guns pristine.

Then never shoot them.    

I've never seen a Fobus scratch any of the guns I use them on, BTW.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sorry guys, but i like my guns pristine.

Then never shoot them.    

I've never seen a Fobus scratch any of the guns I use them on, BTW.

haha, i was kiddin.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Have you looked into the kydex from G-code?  I got mine from a site called Gunnersalley IIRC...I think I saw were Eagle Industries is caring them now.  Very nice holster with adjustable tension.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:05:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Only holster wear marks I have seen from fobus, are on my Walther p99. For the HK I use a blade tech drop offset holseter.

Not a carry holster, but great for Production class. I do not think it is IDPA legal.

Draw any gun enough of times you will see a wear.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top