Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:03:47 AM EDT

I was looking at this rail adapter for mu full zied USP at CDNN.  Have you guys tried this and do you know who makes this thing?

http://store.yahoo.com/cdnn/hkuspfusitar.html
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
i was about to get one, but i belive that its polymer

this model by promag from (similar pricing and looks): www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=231391

lead me away....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not polymer, it's aluminum.

Works just fine for hanging a light off. Doesn't move a bit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i was about to get one, but i belive that its polymer

this model by promag from (similar pricing and looks): www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=231391

lead me away....

So is the Promag mount stiff enough to install a laser or light?  What secures the mount from sliding off the end?  Is there a set screw?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So is the Promag mount stiff enough to install a laser or light?  What secures the mount from sliding off the end?  Is there a set screw?

The ProMag mount is stuff enough for a light. I'm currently using it on my USP .40 with M3.  Same one as from CDNN for $20.

The USP rails are closed on the ends. It can't slide off.

Note that the Midway picture, the mount is upside down.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Another mount for the USP full size is the one from GG&G

gggaz.com/products/hk_usp.php

I have this one, and like it. It is slightly smaller, and mounts the rail closer to the frame. It appears to be very well made. It works for my M6 so far, but I haven't really abused it yet. Only downside compared to the Promag model, is that it is a good bit more $.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 Another mount for the USP full size is the one from GG&G

gggaz.com/products/hk_usp.php

I have this one, and like it. It is slightly smaller, and mounts the rail closer to the frame. It appears to be very well made. It works for my M6 so far, but I haven't really abused it yet. Only downside compared to the Promag model, is that it is a good bit more $.

I was going to put a laser on my pistol with the mount.  Do you think the mount would be steady enough to hold zero for such an application?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
From their description:

The rail fits tight enough to retain zero of the M6 laser.

I am using an M6 laser/light on mine, and haven't had any problems with the GG&G one. I know of people with the other mount who haven't had any issues with it either. I just like the fact that the GG&G one is smaller, and was designed for the Streamlight M3 and M6, so they lock into position just in front of the trigger guard, like they should.

Here's a pic of mine, with the M6 mounted. I don't have any shots of just the mount.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
From their description:

The rail fits tight enough to retain zero of the M6 laser.

I am using an M6 laser/light on mine, and haven't had any problems with the GG&G one. I know of people with the other mount who haven't had any issues with it either. I just like the fact that the GG&G one is smaller, and was designed for the Streamlight M3 and M6, so they lock into position just in front of the trigger guard, like they should.

Here's a pic of mine, with the M6 mounted. I don't have any shots of just the mount.

i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/bradrs/Dsc00251.jpg

That looks really good and seems to be stout.  It's a lot nicer to see it actually mounted than just a bare picture of a mount to get an idea of its fit and position.  Is see your HK is 45 compact, mine is a 40 SW full size, do you remember if the forward mounting surface is the same length or is yours just a little longer?  Mine is a 4.5 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That looks really good and seems to be stout.  It's a lot nicer to see it actually mounted than just a bare picture of a mount to get an idea of its fit and position.  Is see your HK is 45 compact, mine is a 40 SW full size, do you remember if the forward mounting surface is the same length or is yours just a little longer?  Mine is a 4.5 inch barrel.

Mine is a 45 full size, not compact. I think the 40 full size will look the same.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is a 45 full size, not compact. I think the 40 full size will look the same.

The rail is the same as the .40FS. The frame is a touch longer at the very end (looks like 3/16" or so) and a bit wider.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top