Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:35:01 PM EDT
im down to these two calibur,s i want something this size for ccw.the 9mm holds more rounds but hk does NOT recommend plus 9 ammo in the p2sk,which is what i like to carry.the .357 sig round has the speed of the 9mm plus p but better knock down and penatration.any toughts?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:46:25 AM EDT
The SIG is a much better stopper than the 9mm by far; no question about that. On the otherhand, in a pistol the size of the SK recoil is going to be a factor and if you do not have experience or want to put in the time to learn to the control the recoil of the .357 in such a small package then the 9mm is better for you. In regards to round count, a friend of mine likes to ask people who come in to the shop with their number one priority the number of rounds the mag holds, "Just how bad a shot are you?" I love it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:13:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
The SIG is a much better stopper than the 9mm by far; no question about that. On the otherhand, in a pistol the size of the SK recoil is going to be a factor and if you do not have experience or want to put in the time to learn to the control the recoil of the .357 in such a small package then the 9mm is better for you. In regards to round count, a friend of mine likes to ask people who come in to the shop with their number one priority the number of rounds the mag holds, "Just how bad a shot are you?" I love it.

yea that,s right!i do have a colt defender,para warthawg and a glock 30 all in .45 so im used to recoil in a small package,i just wish i knew someone that had one in .357sig to see if it,s recoil is similar to a .45 ,less or more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:19:39 PM EDT
I think the best description of 357sig recoil as compared to 45ACP is - sharper.
Total recoil is about the same, .45 is "softer".
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:35:31 PM EDT
How does the .357sig compare to the .40 S&W?

How does the P2000sk in .40 compare to the USP .40c? I find the USPs have very manageable recoil.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top