Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/25/2005 1:07:02 PM EDT
was hoping somebody can share or lead me to more info on why H&K uses that rubber-type bushing on the SOCOM pistol and the benefits of it. I dont see other manufacturers using that system and was thinking about making one up for my Glock (yeah, i know this is the HK forum) to see if it shoots more accurately.... might save me the $ of buying an H&K....

TIA...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 4:56:04 PM EDT by Big-Bore]
CCF have been putting o-rings on their barrels for Glocks for years. The o-ring gives precise centering of the barrel and slide each and every shot giving outstanding accuracy without the need to micro-fit the barrel to the bushing, which leads to malfunctions if dirt gets in there. The Mk 23 is robust and reliable so a steel to steel fit with the precision that the o-ring gives would be a nightmare in dirty environments, that is why the o-ring is such a stroke of genious. The o-ring is long lasting (20,000 rounds with care) and when worn can be replaced for less than $5. Try fitting a steel to steel bushing that precisely for $5, it ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:29:29 AM EDT
verry cool.....thanks for that info/link....

any quantifiable/measureable accuracy improvements availalbe over the standard glock factory barrel?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:15:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Burnsome-:

any quantifiable/measureable accuracy improvements availalbe over the standard glock factory barrel?

Those who have both types in H&Ks usually say there's only 1/2" diff, if that, at 25 yards or so. Obviously, this will vary from shooter to shooter & gun to gun.

I decided on the standard USP models in my case. The extra $$$ wasn't worth it, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:35:56 PM EDT
Check out what Larry has posted on his web page regarding o-ringed barrels for the Glock at CCF. He is a pretty honest guy and is not exagerating his findings. As Bob said though, likely the individual shooter will not see much improvement since the pistols are already more accurate than 99.9% of the shooters. I doubt there are very many of us who can take advantage of the increased accuracy the o-ring offers. I shoot better with the Tactical, Expert, and Elite than I do with the Compacts and full sizes but I think it has much more to do with the better triggers and sights than it does with the o-ringed barrel.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top