Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:27:43 PM EDT
Can these pistols be carried cocked and locked whereby you can have the same SA trigger pull each time?

Do the DAO's have a loooonnnnng, medium, or short trigger pull? Trigger pull weight?

Thanks,
Comacho
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

If you want to carry it cocked and locked just like a 1911A1, you first gotta: insert a magazine, rack the slide, pull down the hammer, and then hit the lever switch to "s" a.k.a safety.

Then when you wanna fire, you pull out the gun, push the lever switch up with your thumb, and then bang away, single-action style :-)
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh what the hell:

Quoted:
Yes.

If you want to carry it cocked and locked just like a 1911A1, you first gotta: insert a magazine, rack the slide, pull down the hammer, and then hit the lever switch to "s" a.k.a safety.

Then when you wanna fire, you pull out the gun, push the lever switch up with your thumb, and then bang away, single-action style :-)

More like this, friend:

To load and prepare for cocked and locked carry:

Insert mag

Rack slide to chamber a round

WTF is "pull down the hammer?"  If you're talking 'decock,' that doesn't apply to SA usage.

Move safety up to engage safety

Holster weapon

To Fire:

Remove weapon from holster

Disengage thumb safety by moving it down

Fire
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it is safer to put the pistol on safe FIRST , then rack the slide. USP safeties don't lock the slide like 1911s.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes.

I dont know what single action firearms you're used to firing but good God, what the hell did you just try and describe?

Put a mag in, rack the slide and flick the safety up.  If you really want, you can put the safety on before you load it, since as noted before, it doesn't lock the slide.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think it is safer to put the pistol on safe FIRST , then rack the slide. USP safeties don't lock the slide like 1911s.

+1
The weapon should be safed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I keep mine decocked and I love it so much more that my brothers glock.  I can't wait to get my first 1911
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry mine with a round in the chamber, decocked and locked.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry mine with one in the chamber but mine doesn't have that SAFE feature, only a decocker it dont go up and theres no "S".

Never had any accidents in 3 years.  The first pull is pretty hefty.  I also use a Fobus paddle holster.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I have V1 Compact and Full Size I carry hammer decocked on a loaded chamber!  My first shot accuracy is just fine, just a matter of a few thousand rounds!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry mine DA, but it can be CNL. I leave the safety on while loading it too. The DA  pull is a bit long, but I would say medium weight to pull.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been carrying my TAC cocked and locked for nine months, no problems.  I have carried a 1911A1 C&L for 20 years, no problems.

IF you are comfortable with it, do it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I just keep my finger off the trigger...

IMHO, safety+decocked hammer is redundant, but if thats what you're comfortable with, go for it.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have an HK now - or the manual - but IIRC it says you can safely carry 'hammer down safety off'  

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

EDIT:  I can't positively remember because I only carried mine CNL.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't have an HK now - or the manual - but IIRC it says you can safely carry 'hammer down safety off'  

I think that would depend on the variant you have...I have a Var 9 that has no decocker but is SA/DA.  I have always carried it cocked & locked.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that would depend on the variant you have...I have a Var 9 that has no decocker but is SA/DA.  I have always carried it cocked & locked.

Referring to Variant 1.  Which I should've specified earlier.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#16]
So to summarize,

Starting with an unloaded pistol:

- Safety on (up)
- Insert mag
- Cycle action (rack slide)

You're cocked and locked.

Of course now you drop the mag and add another round.

Trigger pull is fairly long (not the longest I've seen) with about 10-12 pounds DA and a moderately short 3-5 pounds SA.

Please note that ALL of these are for a Variant 1,2,3,4,9,10 USP flavors. The poundage description is based on my own USP Fullsize .40.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#17]
well more or less you wanna insert mag engage safety (push lever up) rack the slide and you're done. Of course you could drop the mag top off with another round and then holster it.
Also the trigger pull well it is a long pull with a light-medium weight to me in DA and in SA the damn thing just breaks now if you wanna go one step further and have a MUCH better trigger...send it in to HK or a HK cert'd shop and have them install the match trigger (if you wanna keep your warranty..if not do it yourself)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

IMHO, safety+decocked hammer is redundant, but if thats what you're comfortable with, go for it.

I do the exact same,  but when giving someone advice about how to do it,  I try and make it as safe as possible.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

My P2000SK is the same way. No external safety, so I decock it into DA mode.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#20]
yes.

If I have to tell you how to chamber a round then you shouldn't be carrying...PERIOD.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top