Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/12/2017 11:55:24 AM EDT
Have had a HK45T for a bit and noticed that my magazines never drop free. They get about halfway out and then bind in the magwell.

This happens when the slide is locked back or when it's closed. About the only time I can get it to drop free is if I have rounds still in the magazine.

Also happens if I'm not even gripping the pistol and am simply manipulating the mag release.

Anyone else had this issue or is this simply by design? Would seem odd, never had a mag issue with any of my other HK mags, save for the P7 but that had a heel release.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine all drop free with zero hang up
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, will have to send back to HK for them to fix it. Curious as to what it could even be.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine drop free too.

Could be bulged mags, something hanging up on the mag release or a warped frame.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine drop free too.

Could be bulged mags, something hanging up on the mag release or a warped frame.
View Quote
Not entirely sure yet but I sent it off to HK to figure out. My local range ended up getting a HK45 available to rent, took it out and found that it was entirely different than mine and dropped mags free no matter how it was gripped.

Hoping to hear something back from them soon but who knows how long it will be.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Pistol came back today, they commented that the mags were dragging on the frame and "adjusted" the frame for smoother function.

They drop free now when not gripping the pistol but if you hold it, they still bind...

Get to call HK again on Monday and fork out another 110 to ship the damn thing to them again.

Was worried that they would just function check it in a non-use fashion like that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]
No issues on my hk45t. Never heard it either.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No issues on my hk45t. Never heard it either.
View Quote
I'm not surprised, looks to be a rare issue here but is par for my luck. It isn't my first HK product but is my first time really having to involve customer service.

Actually just talked to HK and they are sending me a prepaid label to ship back to them, so their customer service is still aces in my book.

Manufacturing defects happen, no matter the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Kudos to HK customer service.

Pistol showed up today and they did a warranty replacement.

All new pistol and they sent me an extra magazine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow and people say they hate us.

Any reason why they replaced the entire pistol???

Besides the obvious of course.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 1:32:50 AM EDT
[#10]
It was a repeated issue, was going back in for the third time on the exact same issue it was addressed for before.

Guy on the phone stated it just wasn't acceptable and wanted me to be able to trust my life with it.

Something in the frame just wasn't right, so they just figured it was best for me to get an entire new one.

I'm a bit shocked they even gave me an extra magazine but kudos to them.

I've already function checked this one and it's everything I've expected from an HK product. Mags drop free, no matter the angle or grip.

Easily my favorite handgun, once again.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear it was finally resolved, kudos to HK for the resolution...
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top