Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/4/2017 12:49:14 PM EDT
Saw one at a local shop, pretty good condition, for $799 which puts it about $865 after tax. Seems high. It's not really a collector's item. I don't know.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a little on the high end. I purchased mine for $600 and had choice of another unfired first year produced in a factory card board box for $750. I just saw another in a gun shop sat for about a month at $650 with night sights and four mags. I was going to buy it as a back up but caught a deal on the MK25 Sig.

I love mine and it's absolutely a tack driver, mine is a 24/7 gun. It's been rolled around on cement and gravel working on cars, dirt bike crashes, glovebox duty, sharpen my knives on the slide to piss people off lol. It's still a great looking gun and only grip is a little chewed up and mag base plates. This is the reason I bought the cheaper used one over the perfect first year. I knew it was going to be my beater gun and I didn't want to have a safe queen or ruin a first year gun. I use a raven concealment owb holster and a Galco Kingtuk iwb with it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, this one has Mepros but they’re long since dead.

I’m tempted to offer them $750 cash OTD and see if they’ll take it. It seriously looks like a safe queen. Box and two mags, light handling marks, the barrel feed ramp is nice and shiny - I’m not sure it was fired much if at all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That's high for a used one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's high for a used one.
View Quote
Yeah, I’m thinking so. Gonna pass on this one for sure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are open to police trade-ins, GT Distributors has them starting at $429 on Gunbroker, with no one bidding on them.  They will usually sell for less if you call the store and buy direct.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you are open to police trade-ins, GT Distributors has them starting at $429 on Gunbroker, with no one bidding on them.  They will usually sell for less if you call the store and buy direct.
View Quote
Man, I wish I had read your post 30 minutes earlier. I just left GT with an AB date code .45 compact and three mags. It was $469 plus tax so just over $500 OTD. Has some cosmetic wear but overall super clean gun on the inside. I do love trade-ins for that very reason.

I’m so glad I didn’t impulse buy the one at Red’s. This one is much more my style anyway.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
By the time you paid shipping and transfer fee you'd probably be higher than $469 for a police trade in that isn't as good as what you probably got.
I've been thinking about one too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You did great on that deal, looks better than my edc USP 45c. You can't hardly wear out or kill these 45 HK's. I may have to look on gunbroker now for a backup, I love my compact .45 that much!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I went looking on Gunbroker, and I didn’t see anything about USPc trade-ins. They had a V3 at GT, as well, but I’ve wanted a USP V1 for a while. A full size USP9 and USPc 9mm are still on my list.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Now sell it at reds for $750.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You did great on that deal, looks better than my edc USP 45c. You can't hardly wear out or kill these 45 HK's. I may have to look on gunbroker now for a backup, I love my compact .45 that much!
View Quote
Glad you got one!  Here is what I was referring to:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/704297123

I picked up a USP .45 full size from them recently.  I would go broke if they had a store in my state!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now sell it at reds for $750.

View Quote
Hell no. This one’s a keeper.

I’m going to go tomorrow morning for a range session and brag about what I paid for it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Glad you got one!  Here is what I was referring to:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/704297123

I picked up a USP .45 full size from them recently.  I would go broke if they had a store in my state!
View Quote
Ah, $429 is just the starting bid and buyer has to pay sales tax, next day shipping, and their FFL transfer fee?

Yeah, I did okay.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ah, $429 is just the starting bid and buyer has to pay sales tax, next day shipping, and their FFL transfer fee?

Yeah, I did okay.
View Quote
Yeah, several of their USP 45c auctions have ended with no bid, so someone could probably get it for $429, but it adds up quickly after that.  In my state, I can figure an additional $100 for anything I buy online and have transferred.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, several of their USP 45c auctions have ended with no bid, so someone could probably get it for $429, but it adds up quickly after that.  In my state, I can figure an additional $100 for anything I buy online and have transferred.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I did okay.
Yeah, I’m not overly concerned. I figure I can take it to the range and then dump it for close to what I paid if I don’t like it. I don’t think that will be the case, though.

These old Mepros actually have a little life left in them!

Link Posted: 10/5/2017 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Took it out to the range this morning. Awesome pistol. I shot 80 rounds of fmj and a mag each of some Speer 200+p Gold Dot and Federal 230 HST.

It handles great and the target was pretty much one ragged hole when I was finished. I thought I saw what looked like scratches or scrapes in the barrel rifling so I was concerned this thing was going to be a poor shooter, but I would say there is a lot of life left in this pistol.

It wants to live under my front seat.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top