Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/28/2017 2:01:39 PM EDT
Say a fella had a V2 LEM and wanted a V1. What part(s) would I need to do that? I’m not afraid to dive into switching out parts in a handgun. I’ve always tinkered on my handguns.

Anyone done this?

eta: thanks for the replies.

I ordered everything I think I'll need from HKparts.net. Those guys don't mess around. Ordered yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. I have complete confidence in my ability to perform the work, but of course I'll do a test shoot afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
These are the part numbers and descriptions to convert heavy LEM to light LEM.

I like using the V1 DA/SA main spring  part number (214300)  and it should be about 1/2 to 3/4 lb change in pull weight over your heavy LEM main spring. Pull lanyard and swap springs only take you couple minutes to test. You can also go to a true match 10lb HK main spring but I don't since it's my carry gun.

Light FPBS part number (209296)
Your HK should already have the light fpbs if it's a 2005 or above (AE = 2004 AF = 2005 etc...). It's only a couple bucks so I would grab it to compare and make sure yours has this. Going from standard to a light fpbs only will give you 1/4 to 1/2lb every time on lymann digital gauge.

Trigger Rebound Spring part number (209266) this will be the tricky one to install but it's not bad at all. I put cut down coffee stirring sticks or you can use spray can plastic sticks to help the install. The spring will have two ends sticking out and you can put cut pieces of that stirring stick to help guide and compress the spring down into the frame. The correct tool to use on this installation is a needle nose pliers with the tip drilled out to create two rounded noses to hold and compress the spring down into frame. It's very very important that the spring lays exactly in line of it's notches or you will have a trigger that does not reset. Once you look down into your frame you will see how its aligned in it. Your gun should have a square looking coiled rebound spring instead of the traditional round wire coiled rebound spring. This is the biggest change in weight and will drop you down to the 4lb to 4.5lb weight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I swapped the firing pin block spring and the trigger spring. I did not swap the mainspring, but the trigger pull feels correct now for a V1. I’ll look into the mainspring.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad everything worked good for you, I really love the light Lem setup. What HK did you convert?

So far I have run the single action main spring in my two P2000's with great results. The 9mm has about 1500-2000rnds through it and my still new 357sig has only about 150rnds. I swapped the springs in my 357sig before I even shot it.
The Privi PPU 357sig has really hard primers that my factory P226 sometimes doesn't put a divot in primer but still fires off. The HK LEM has put a divot in everyone of them no problem.

Only thing I was worrying about in the P2000 357sig is how the lighter main spring effects slowing the slide down with the higher powered round. I figured if the DA/SA uses that spring in the same caliber I shouldn't have no issue with slide velocity.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I converted a V2 P2000SK in 9mm. It is basically my new carry. I love it.

I jacked up the roll pin putting it back together so back to HKparts I went and ordered a few of those along with a workbench mat (in my case a floor mat since the floor is my workbench).

I did take the pistol out this morning and put 100 rounds through it. Flawless operation as expected so I was happy I did everything right (well, mostly everything). The V1 trigger is excellent.

I’ll replace the roll pin when the new ones come in this week. I’m sure it will be okay for a few days. I really enjoy learning how my pistols work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the light LEM. I just got one of two HKP30s I ordered the Wednesday, and I love the trigger better than any other compared to any non 1911 SA trigger I've ever used. Well, with the exception of the Para P14-45 I had with the LDA trigger. Really to me, those triggers are very close in the way they feel. The Para is smoother and a tad lighter, with a crisper break, but you're talking an all metal gun.

I was going to buy the DA/SA P30 and then if I didn't like it I was going to order the conversion from HKParts. Everybody here was saying go ahead with the LEM, so I did. Glad I did too.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top