Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/20/2017 10:03:30 PM EDT
So I've been thinking about picking up a USP9c.  My uncle has one and I really like it and want to add one to my stable.  The problem is that even with the extended release from 45c, the damned button is just too small for me to reach with my thumb without having to change my grip and, despite the protest of HK fanboys, I find using my index or middle finger really unintuitive.  The mag release from the P30/VP series is much easier to use, though, and since it works the same mechanically as the stock USP release, I wonder if it's possible to modify a P30 release to fit a USP (or a USP trigger guard to fit the P30 release).  

Google-fu shows nothing, but I can't believe I'm the first person to have the idea.  And yes, I know, the easy solution is just to buy a P30, but I just love the look and feel of the USP and would rather do things the hard way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#1]
No one's tried this?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I just looked on Hkparts.net and it says the parts can't be swapped out between the two. I wish it could as I would swap out my P30 mag. release out in a second as it constantly rubs my trigger finger raw. The P30 mag. release sits higher than the trigger guard. It is the only thing I hate about it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just looked on Hkparts.net and it says the parts can't be swapped out between the two. I wish it could as I would swap out my P30 mag. release out in a second as it constantly rubs my trigger finger raw. The P30 mag. release sits higher than the trigger guard. It is the only thing I hate about it.
View Quote
I know HK parts says that, but I'm wondering if you can't do something to cut down either the release itself or the side of the trigger guard to make it work; mechanically the two work exactly the same, the sizing is just different, which is what makes me wonder.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The larger mag release from the HK45c will swap over to the USP. I believe the way the release mounts in the frame of the P30 is different and it won't work.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top