Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/14/2017 4:16:23 AM EDT
After carrying small guns for convenience I'm starting to lean towards something more.
  I've carried my g19 before but don't shoot it that well.
  I have a p30 that I bought and shot one season of idpa with. I could run it well enough but not as fast etc as my g34 or especially my 1911.  Haven't shot the p30in over a year.
  Thinking it would be an awesome carry gun as far as reliability,accuracy, capacity, safety, etc goes.  But I'm hesitant because of the large grip.
  I would prefer owb carry maybe a leather pancake holster at 3:30?
 Or would you recommend an iwb at 4:00? Or?
 Want to get some opinions before I order a new holster.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
After carrying small guns for convenience I'm starting to lean towards something more.
  I've carried my g19 before but don't shoot it that well.
  I have a p30 that I bought and shot one season of idpa with. I could run it well enough but not as fast etc as my g34 or especially my 1911.  Haven't shot the p30in over a year.
  Thinking it would be an awesome carry gun as far as reliability,accuracy, capacity, safety, etc goes.  But I'm hesitant because of the large grip.
  I would prefer owb carry maybe a leather pancake holster at 3:30?
 Or would you recommend an iwb at 4:00? Or?
 Want to get some opinions before I order a new holster.
Thanks!
View Quote

I have two P30Ls on the way. I don't think they'll be a problem. I carried a ( Canadian all steel ) P14-45 LDA / double stack ( 14rds ) for six years.  There are a few on this board that do carry the P30.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
P30LS in JM Kydex AIWB.  Pretty much every day.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've carried mine a little IWB, to be honest the rough grip texture is a little irritating on my skin.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've carried mine a little IWB, to be honest the rough grip texture is a little irritating on my skin.
View Quote
Undershirts work wonders.
I carry a p30 all the time.  Unless you are rail thin it shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My new EDC holster for my P30LS.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Never carried a p30. If the g34/35 carries like a 1912 in my comp tac CTAC.

No issues.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go ahead and order a holster or two and try it out!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Came here to post this.

Other than the aggressive grip rubbing against my tender skin due to my choice in IWB holster, the thing is freaking amazing in every way. Do it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
P30 AIWB in a JM Custom Kydex holster.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone ever use an alien gear in the waist band with the P30?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone ever use an alien gear in the waist band with the P30?
View Quote
I will be. I bought two for the P320s I had originally ordered, so I need to send the shells back. They will swap free of charge with their shell exchange program.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I will be. I bought two for the P320s I had originally ordered, so I need to send the shells back. They will swap free of charge with their shell exchange program.
View Quote
Get a chance to shoot your new LEM P30L?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get a chance to shoot your new LEM P30L?
View Quote
Haven't got it yet. Hopefully I'll get to this weekend. Hoping the second one came in today as well, but it might be next week.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you use the clip or the split loop?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Took the p30 out of the safe and put some rds though it recently. Man I just can't shoot that thing as accurately or fast as I want to.
  I'm used to 1911s and glocks. Even my buddies p226 has a nicer trigger.
  Oh well I'll try one more time before it gets delegated to a house gun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Took the p30 out of the safe and put some rds though it recently. Man I just can't shoot that thing as accurately or fast as I want to.
  I'm used to 1911s and glocks. Even my buddies p226 has a nicer trigger.
  Oh well I'll try one more time before it gets delegated to a house gun.
View Quote
Is it a LEM or DA/SA model? HK's DA suuucks.  When I bought my P30, I was going back and forth between that and a SIG Legion.  I decided to go with the P30 LEM after doing some research on it, and I'm glad I did.  If I would've been stuck buying a DA/SA P30, I would've bought something else.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1.5" clip.  I have had zero problems with it coming off my belt despite being pretty active.  I bought it with the extra tuck option (not the neoprene pad) and have no problems being comfortable on 10+ hour road trips.

@FP2000H
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I've carried my P30 for a couple of years now. IWB 3-4 o'clock in an alien gear. No issues.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've carried my P30 for a couple of years now. IWB 3-4 o'clock in an alien gear. No issues.
View Quote
That's what I want to hear. I've got Alien Gears for mine. Still waiting on them. This is the only time since 1987 that my dealer has been off the mark on time in getting something in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is it a LEM or DA/SA model? HK's DA suuucks.  When I bought my P30, I was going back and forth between that and a SIG Legion.  I decided to go with the P30 LEM after doing some research on it, and I'm glad I did.  If I would've been stuck buying a DA/SA P30, I would've bought something else.
View Quote
Da/sa. don't mind dasa in general but it's not that great on the p30
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Got the first of the two P30s about a week and a half or so ago now. Carrying it in the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck is great. It's so much lighter than the 1911 GI I was carrying. Like it's not even there.

I will say the first day I got it I was really disappointed. I shot my first 10 round group at 10 yards into about 14 inches with no reasoning in the pattern.

Second 10, I tightened it up to about 10", and had a few forming enough of a pattern to give me a clue. I was still worried about the gun though. I knew I would need a bit of time on it, but looking at some of my targets from the 1911, just a simple RIA GI with Arnell's custom work, target barrel, EGW bushing etc, I had a best of 1.9" at 25 yards, and a lot of 3" or lower groups, also, one 5 shot group at 25 with .89" group. All of these are standing and not benched.

I called my buddy across the street who is a better shot than me, and he came over and put 10 rounds into about a 4" group, just to the left of the bullseye. My second group was abot 4 inches left, and about the same low. His son came over and shot it, and he pretty much ate the bullseye with it, so , I told him fuck you very much, but I was happy it was me, and not the gun.

The next ten rounds, I didn't line the pistol up with my bones in my arm like I do a 1911, and I didn't use the tip of the pad of my finger, I used the joint at the bottom of the pad.

That pulled my shots back to the right and about a half inch to the left, and watching my sight better put me at the right height.

The next two rounds were low by several inches, but I called it, the last eight though, were in a group the size of a tennis ball.

That was about the first 50 rounds because I shot other things. I can see it being accurate . My first ten through the gun I missed a 2liter Pepsi bottle 4/5 times, hit the 5th, then missed the next three, got two more hits by aiming to the right of the bottles, but that was before I made all the corrections.

I'm much better with it, and my grip on it is becoming more natural.

I had 25000+++ through 1911s, and anything not 1911 was hard for me.

I love the LEM trigger, really do.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had 25000+++ through 1911s, and anything not 1911 was hard for me.

I love the LEM trigger, really do.
View Quote
When I started thinking about not carrying a 1911, I couldn't shoot anything else well.

I use the first joint on any trigger that has a longer pull than the 1911, so basically eveeything else.  Whether it is a LEM, DAO, DA/SA or whatever else, unless I'm shooting a 1911 or a revolver in SA, I get my finger in there and use that first joint to pull the trigger.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top