Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 3:17:23 PM EDT
I have the opportunity to buy an essentially new, Hk p7 m8.
I'm Not getting any deals on it

I view it as an investment grade gun. And do t plan on shooting it much... What do you guys think? Is the value only going up? Or should the cost plateau at some point?

Any issues or things I should look out for?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy it, shoot it, carry it.

Best carry gun ever IMO.

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Double-stack P7 M13 is more better, but M8 is also an interesting and worthy gun.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I would not pass up the opportunity to get one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one, P7M8-Chantilly, and they are nice but no way would I pay the price they are asking for now. Mags alone are around $80.00-100.00 a piece and my biggest concern would be finding parts later on. It is a neat pistol but to buy it as an investment would be risky, as I don't think they would go that much. Unless you get a great deal on it, I would pass. When the used P7 trade-ins were imported, that would have been the time to buy one as they were only around $400-500.00. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy once, cry once.

I bought my M8 years ago, new, and figured it would never be worth more than I paid for it.
Bought a unfired M13 from a gun dealers estate, had it chromed at Tripp Research, figured it would never appreciate much.
Now, both guns are worth 2 to 3 times what I paid, the 15 mags even more.
The leather, at least double.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy once, cry once.

I bought my M8 years ago, new, and figured it would never be worth more than I paid for it.
Bought a unfired M13 from a gun dealers estate, had it chromed at Tripp Research, figured it would never appreciate much.
View Quote
I want a nice one before they're all gone
The One I'm looking at was purchased from an estate sale, is being sold NIB for $2650. My main concern, the value has plateaued
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, don't buy it unless you want THE most accurate mass produced 9mm ever made. Damn things shoot like a laser.

I carry mine once in a while, just because. Incredibly built guns.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
$2650.00 is a lot of money. I see on Gunbroker, the pistol prices are insane but if you can afford to buy it,why not? It is your money and your choice. The only problem is if you shoot it, you could take a hit later on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#9]
For $2,650 you can get a P7M13.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
BobCole is right, it's way more accurate than I am.

Look at this test target.

Twenty five meters, that is rocking!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Loved my p7psp. Would still be carrying it if mags and parts were plentiful. Now 90% of my off duty carry weapon is the same platform as my duty weapon. Duty flock 17 carried off duty 19 and 26. Now that I'm carrying the m&p I do the same c model and shield... do regret selling for sure
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For $2,650 you can get a P7M13.
View Quote
Exactly what I was thinking. That's way too much for an M8, even in excellent condition. Unless it is new in the original box and comes with 10 new in wrap magazines.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The One I'm looking at was purchased from an estate sale, is being sold NIB for $2650. My main concern, the value has plateaued
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy once, cry once.

Whatever you do, do not have it chromed or refinished. That will definitely reduce the collector's value.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
My daily carry gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
BobCole is right, it's way more accurate than I am.
View Quote
Of course I am. Was there ever any doubt?    
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top