Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/8/2017 7:11:49 PM EDT
I own a 45 CT and am a couple hundred bucks away from grabbing a MK 23. My only concern is the grip radius. Does anyone own both and can give me an idea if the MK 23 grip is radically thicker? My hands are on the small size. The CT feels fine and I can't imagine the grip on the MK23 being that much bigger but I'd hate to blow the money on a pistol I can't comfortably grasp and shoot. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever held the USP-45F?

Its about the same size.  It's a bit thicker than the HK45.

Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The different grip contours make a direct comparison difficult.  The MK23 is about as wide as the USP45, but it is almost 1/8" longer (front to back).  The HK45 is slightly wider at the palm swell but is slightly narrower at the top of the grip.  Having owned all of them at one point, I would subjectively rank them from largest to smallest:

MK23
USP45
HK45
USP45 Compact
HK45 Compact

MK23....USP 45....HK45
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
For a big full size 45 nothing angers me more than only 10 rounds. Why do they do that to us? Sig, Ruger, S&W M&P, CZ, who am I missing?  That said, earlier I posted asking for USP mag extensions so I guess 12 isn't enough either. It is 2 more than 10.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks gentlemen!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a big full size 45 nothing angers me more than only 10 rounds. Why do they do that to us? Sig, Ruger, S&W M&P, CZ, who am I missing?  That said, earlier I posted asking for USP mag extensions so I guess 12 isn't enough either. It is 2 more than 10.
View Quote
2 reasons for the 10 rd mags limit: Larry Vickers & Ken Hackathorn.

I went with the CT because it runs 10 rd mags in a smaller package.  I would get a full size if it had at least 12 rd mags available, but alas.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top