Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/6/2017 12:11:23 PM EDT
I'd like to sell my USP .45 50th Anniversary, (all original/pristine), that has been sitting in my safe since new, but every web reference seems to be from 2008-2012 in the $1200 range.

Does anybody know of a more recent reference for this gun?

I didn't want to become an HkPro member just to ask this one question.

I'll be funding an IWI X95, so perhaps a gun store trade might be the way to go.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to be a smart ass, but a gun is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. The scope of those wishing to pay top dollar for a 50th USP is pretty small, probably less than 50 people in the US, IMO.

What you will find is folks willing to pay just a hair over a standard USP price for one in the same shape, size & caliber. And when I say "over", I mean no more than 10% over.

Commemoratives rarely, rarely go up in value. Most barely hold their value for a non-commemorative model w/o all the bling.

As for what it may be worth, take your purchase price & add 25% to start with on selling price. You can always come down.

Hopefully Big Bore will be along to add his .o2 to this as he's pretty much our resident guru.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it..........  
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Bob,

I'm fairly good about researching prices, but this one seems to have nothing recent.

Your advice is correct...someone either collects Hk or not.

I learned a hard lesson when I sold an AR stock on EE for $80ish.  It had "CS" stamped on the stock, which I thought meant Colt Sporter.

I was quickly informed by a member of its real value...after it sold.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, you could put it on GB & let the bidding begin. Add a reserve if you feel the need to. The bidding would eventually reach the guns value, IMO.

Be sure you let us know when it's gets sold. I'm curious myself now.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, HKPro is the place to list it before gunbroker. IMO don't set a reserve just the starting price(minimum you will take) on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Commemorative guns generally don't bring premiums unless they hold some special meaning to a unique individuals.  I've had a number of them over the years (Browning, Winchester, Ruger, and Colt).  In fact, I've had a harder time selling them because they generally have some sort of embellishment that is rather unsightly.  The last commemorative I had was a Ruger Mk3 anniversary model.  It had a few features that actually made it unique (6-7/8" tapered target barrel) but I ended up selling it for less than a standard blued 4" gun.  My gun was 100% mint / new in box.

I'll never buy another commemorative.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top