Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2017 8:55:36 AM EDT
So I've been shooting thousands of rounds, practicing thousands of reloads, draws and dry fires on my p30l.

Its held up pretty well so far and it should continue to for a while.

However, I noticed that the bottom of the magwell is sorta busted up from so many reload practices.

During practice, the metal end of magazine and plastic end of magwell sometimes collide and cause a "stipling phenomenom."

Unfortunately, P30 doesnt use plastic mags so I will continue to chop up the bottom portion of the magwell.

This way I'm afraid it won't last.

I shoot production and limited so I don't intend on modifying. Any advice other than buying a new gun or frame? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact HK and discuss this with a rep. They might be able to help you I would think.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Any updates OP?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any updates OP?
View Quote
4k rounds through and it's looking ok.

I don't think HK reps could do anything about it really. They would probably just tell me to get a new gun.

I've run into this link: http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668

The guy shot over 90k and has not mentioned on the magwell wear. Maybe he did, I didn't read the whole thing, I paid more attention to the breakages.

HK sponsored shooters exist and they use stock pistols so I guess it isn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Any pics? Are you missing a lot slamming the top of the mag into the bottom of the frame? I am a bit perplexed; I have ~15.5k through my P30L and there isn't any sort odd wear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I mean it's slowly eaten away but I think it should be fine as long as it doesn't impair any functions
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you use a magwell in a limited match?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you use a magwell in a limited match?
View Quote
I shoot production. I think you can, gotta check.

I don't think HK P30s have magwell options
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top