Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/21/2017 3:38:36 PM EDT
I like to carry with a single spare mag on left side. For years I have been using a single mag Fobus paddle mag pouch. They are perfect for my use.
As shown below. I cannot find one for a VP9. I don't think they made one specially for the VP9 yet. I have a couple Glocks ones ( which the VP9 mag fits, but it far too loose ) and a 92FS one which the VP9 mag will not fit.
Does anyone know if there is a similar size mag pouch that I might consider ?

Or if not, who makes a very similar mag pouch to this I might consider.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it's not a fobus, but you could give Comp Tac a try.

single mag pouch

It's similar to a paddle, it might work well for what you want.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If you like the Fobus, you can try the Velcro trick.  One side or two.  You won't be able to use a Glock mag in it until the Velcro is out.  Safariland makes a great one mag carrier paddle.

http://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/gear/pouches-cases-and-holders/concealment/magazine/model-074-open-top-single-magazine-pouch-10951.html#start=8
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I like G-Code stuff and they have a VP9/P30 size.

2 Things:

1) You don't just have to search for VP9 mag carriers, you can also look for P30 mags carries because they're the same mage and the P30 has been around longer

b. I have G-Code Glock mag carriers. They work great for both Glock and VP9 mags.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you like the Fobus, you can try the Velcro trick.  One side or two.  You won't be able to use a Glock mag in it until the Velcro is out.  Safariland makes a great one mag carrier paddle.

http://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/gear/pouches-cases-and-holders/concealment/magazine/model-074-open-top-single-magazine-pouch-10951.html#start=8
View Quote
What is the velcro trick ? Just put a piece of sticky velcro in the side ? Might be a good option, as I absolutely love the fobus pouch. I do have two Glock ones, so I could spare one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

2 Things:

1) You don't just have to search for VP9 mag carriers, you can also look for P30 mags carries because they're the same mage and the P30 has been around longer

b. I have G-Code Glock mag carriers. They work great for both Glock and VP9 mags.
View Quote
That is true I forgot about that. But I don't think Fobus makes a P30 carrier either.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

2 Things:

View Quote
Same pouch for both mags ? That seems unlikely as they are different sizes. The VP9 mag will fit in the fobus pouch, but is too loose and will fall out if turned over while friction keeps the glock mag in
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is the velcro trick ? Just put a piece of sticky velcro in the side ? Might be a good option, as I absolutely love the fobus pouch. I do have two Glock ones, so I could spare one.
View Quote
Yep, Velcro it.  The thickness will dictate how much you put in.  Also, are you planning to do a "Hondo roll" while shooting?    The fuzzy side, not the hook side.  The VP9 and P30 use the same mags.

I use a double Blackhawk carrier now.  I looked at my former Fobus mag hosters I have.  The 3901 will fit as with the 6900 series.  Used Velcro on one side and the mags fit fine.  YMMV
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep, Velcro it.  The thickness will dictate how much you put in.  Also, are you planning to do a "Hondo roll" while shooting?    The fuzzy side, not the hook side.  The VP9 and P30 use the same mags.

I use a double Blackhawk carrier now.  I looked at my former Fobus mag hosters I have.  The 3901 will fit as with the 6900 series.  Used Velcro on one side and the mags fit fine.  YMMV
View Quote
That is a good idea. I just put some velcro in an extra fobus, and it works. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Same pouch for both mags ? That seems unlikely as they are different sizes. The VP9 mag will fit in the fobus pouch, but is too loose and will fall out if turned over while friction keeps the glock mag in
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 Things:

Yeah, same pouch, but I am talking about my G-Code stuff. I'm not familiar with the Fobus line.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a taco with the belt loop. Can be adjusted to not just carry the VP9 magazine, but others well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]
M&P mags carriers fit VP9 mags much better than Glock mag carriers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Bravo Concealment. On sale this weekend .
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top