Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/11/2017 2:18:35 PM EDT
Hi whats a better suppressor host the hk45/45c or the usp tactical?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
i have a USP 45 but not a HK45, so i cant comment on how the HK45 does suppressed.  That being said, imo, both are going to be just fine.  I have a EVO 45 and Octane 45 that go back and forth on the USP and its a great  gun/host.  I would say which ever gun fits you better / you shoot better, get it.  For me, the HK45 had just to thin of a grip and the USP series fits my hands better (prob why i have 5 USP).  I did get a P30SK for my EDC and with the large side panels, it feels great.  The p2000 series just never fit my hands well.   I am sure there will be others along and have some insight on the HK45.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
havent shot either suppressed but own both, these days I prefer the USP overall.  The rail is a bummer kinda but I think the mag capacity and match trigger trump the better ergos on the HK45 IMO  

ETA I really want a USP TAC 9mm for a host one I get my first centerfire can 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Having owned both, I prefer the ergonomics of the hk45 but just about everything else of the usp

I still have the USP45, the hk45 has a new home.

In my opinion the hk45C is the star of their new lineup, and offers more overall than its big brother
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the USP, and I own one with a can. I compare them to a Porsche 911: there may be other models to come along, but the original is still the Big Dog in the dog house, IMO.

12rds > 10rds eight days a week. Capacity IS one's friend.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both and shoot both suppressed.   I would say it is a personal question based on ergonomics.   I personally prefer the HK45 most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#6]
The USP Tactical is made to fire suppressed. The recoil spring set is even different than the standard USP.
Also tall sights and match trigger.
But I love shooting my Hk45c with a TiRant shorty. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I've shot both suppressed, and both are very much the same. Both shoot very well with a can. The usp match trigger is the only thing I like about the usp over the hk45. The hk45 ergos are awesome and I can carry mine with tlr1 iwb with no printing.  The capacity isn't an issue as there are now 2-3+ mag extensions on the market for the hk45 if you have too.  The usp is still a fantastic gun.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top