Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 11:18:45 PM EDT
Would someone who owns an HK P3000 V3 get me some pictures from around the decocker and hammer are please. I'm curious to see what the difference between the LEM and V3 is frame wise for "reasons".
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go...

If you're looking to convert a LEM to V3 I don't think you can do that because there probably isn't space for the decocker. Going from V3 to LEM however is doable and you can either just leave the space open, or put the decoker back in and use it to decock the LEM which is normally somewhat precocked.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm actually looking for internal pictures. HK says you can't convert LEM to V3, others say you can't but I don't see a reason why not. You are correct, no space for the decocker. I know you can convert V3 to LEM though, you simply fill the space where the hammer rides, parts list is online.

There is an extended block of plastic that fills the area where the decocker would go. I'm feeling like if you machined that out, it should work. Ideally I'd like to get some pictures of the frame with the the the fire control group out, but so far I've not found any.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Here is a picture of what I'm looking for but V3.. This is obviously a LEM frame. See that corner where the de-cocker would be if it was a V3 and the tab of plastic sticking out where it would ride? That part of the mold is removable. You can tell by the molding lines. My guess it they swap out the corner block depending on if they are running V3 or LEM frames.

Seems like if you took that tab down so the de-cocker has a place to ride then touched up the back of the frame to put the flat area in where the button rides, it would work. Curious if there is any metal under that plastic. I know when I did my HK USC to UMP conversion and had to machine out the FBI burst lower, it had metal inserts under the polymer that I grind into and enlarge so the lower would hook to my USC upper.

This is more of a curiosity thing than anything.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Gimme until tomorrow.  I have both versions and will try and take some side by side shots.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Some comparison photos.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Last one.  You can see that the "block" OP references is not removed all the way down to the bottom of the hammer slot.  Last couple of photos show measurement.  It's 5.5mm high.   It appears that OP is correct in his assumption that the V3 is just LEM with some material removed.  Metal reinforcements appear to be the same.  I think if you removed the right material you could drop a DA/SA sear with decocker into an LEM frame.  

**I am not a gunsmith.  I am competent.  I own a half dozen HKs and have switched them from DA/SA to LEM to LEM4.1 etc.  I'm comfortable with the platform.  Having said that; OP is his own warranty station once the dremel comes out.  HK won't save him.**

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I JUST saw this...

Dude... You rock!

I think this will work. I traded a GLOCK 19 for this P2000 so if I fuck it up I'm not too worried. I'm pretty sure if I machine out that area where the decocker rides, I can make it DA/SA. I know you can make the DA/SA into an LEM so everything lines up so I just need to get that block out of the way and touch up the back where the dococker button is.

My father was a mold marker when he was alive so I know a little bit about how molds work and it would APPEAR as though the mold used to make the LEM and DA/SA frames is probably the same one. The mold lines suggest that the area where the decocker would ride is removable from the mold and that HK probably swapped out the insert to mold LEM frames or DA/SA frames. One insert gets you no block of plastic and the spot where the button sits for DA/SA, another insert allows the mold to fill that area in with plastic for LEM.

You rock man, thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Side note, I'm not a gunsmith either but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. OH and I bought an HK USC and used a fucking Dremel to convert it into an HK UMP with instruction from Todd at HDPS over the phone LOL! Successfully btw! LOL! :)

Polly not going to use a Dremel on this though, I have access to a machine shop now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I got it!

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top