Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/3/2017 2:18:22 PM EDT
I have several glocks. Lots of them. I shoot them ok but I have small hands. Mag release is difficult for me to reach, even more so on a gen 3.

I picked up a VP9 because it felt pretty good in my hand. Also was interested in the mag release- I can release it with my trigger finger.

I shoot this gun so much better than a glock. Really liking this gun. And I can reach the mag release.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing...
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot my VP9 better than my G19 or 226, but I have yet to perfect the whole safety thing.  So it is still a range toy for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot my VP9 better than my G19 or 226, but I have yet to perfect the whole safety thing.  So it is still a range toy for me.
View Quote
Safety thing?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Safety thing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Safety thing?
I is stupid, meant mag release.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot my VP9 better the first time than I do my Glocks that I have been shooting since 1995.  I went back the next day and bought a FDE one
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one, put 200 rounds through it, and wasn't that excited about it.  After that I bought a Sig P320 which seemed to shoot better right out of the box than the Glock 19 I normally carry.  Took HK VP9, Sig P320, Glock 19 and Glock 17 out to the range to compare.  Well the 2nd trip out with the VP9 was much better and my accuracy seemed to be best with it out of the 4.  I'm going to do some more practice with it though before I replace my regular carry gun.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
In before the whining

Should have picked up a P30, and come to the light..
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I've always said that how a handgun feels and it's ergonomics or lack thereof is a deal breaker or not, no matter what others whining will say.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In before the whining

Should have picked up a P30, and come to the light..
View Quote

I did the ARFCOM bit and got BOTH!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:40:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I really like the ergos of the VP9, and like the mag release as well.  It seems so natural to do that with your trigger finger.

However I still get my trigger finger dragging on the bottom of the trigger guard when I shoot it for some reason, annoying as hell.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top