BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/5/2017 8:43:23 PM EDT
Who carries a usp compact?
Why did you chose it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a USP9C.  It's somewhat blocky, however when carrying I do not notice a significant difference between it and a G19.  In a nutshell, here are the reasones I chose it.

- Fits my hand better than most other guns
- I shoot it better than other firearms in the same size
- Can carry in a number of conditions (cocked and locked is my preference).  It's good to have options.
- I have had USP's for over a decade and have never had a failure

Overall, it is simply a fantastic firearm.  I have other HK's, Glocks, Walthers, Smith and Wesson's, and a Dan Wesson.  If I had to stick with only one, it would be the USP.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't EDC it, but I do carry my USP Compact often enough. I own two USP C's, one 9mm and one .40.

I shoot it better than any other pistol I own
I trust it 100% (but I also trust all my other HKs, Glocks, and Sigs 100% too)
It feels like a friggin' tank as far as build quality. I've never held a more "rugged" feeling pistol. 
There's just something about it that connects with me. I can't really explain it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
never mind
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry a usp 9 daily.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't EDC mine.  If fact I hardly carry it out.  I hate the holster I have

The gun itself is great though.  I am going to get a new holster soon (and probably a VP9sk when it comes), but even then, I couldn't carry most of the time anyways (due to my job)
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carry a usp 9 daily.

View Quote

What does the finish look like?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a USP9 as often as I am able to in a CompTac Minotaur holster and Mean Gene's leather belt. . The only times I don't carry it are when I am wearing my scrubs and then it is in the center console of my truck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carry a usp 9 daily.

obviously isn't his, but here's my police trade in USP 9 that I use as my dedicated HD pistol... it was carried a lot, grip is nearly worn smooth on one side (hence the Hogue wrap). The slide still looks pretty great IMO.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I carried my USPC SS in .45acp for years. Extremely accurate, perfectly reliable. Wouldn't think twice about carrying it anywhere, any time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry a usp 45compact in V1 as my edc. cant go wrong with a 45. I used to carry a full size usp 45 as well but the compact took its place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I carry a USP9C.  It's somewhat blocky, however when carrying I do not notice a significant difference between it and a G19.
View Quote
I find the USPc much easier to conceal than my G19. I carry both in Versa Max IIs, and the sloped rear end of the USPc slide allows my shirt to hang loosely over top without printing. My G19 in the same type of holster, on the other hand, creates a "corner" in my shirt because of the squared off rear end of the slide, which I am constantly fiddling with to minimize. I find myself having to wear slightly larger shirts with the G19 than I did with my USPc.

The HK is a .40, and aside from the lower capacity, I also found that I just don't shoot it as well as my G19. It's also almost impossible to find holsters for the USPc with a TLR-3 mounted, and I wanted to start carrying a light. The G19 offers a lot more holster and light options. It was tough sidelining the USPc, because I love the ergonomics, and as others mentioned, it just feels right in my hand. I even like the mag release (once I upgraded it with the larger version). If I have the money someday, I'll probably get a USP9c to see if the reduced recoil improves my accuracy compared to the G19.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the USP compacts in .40,.45, and 9mm.

Great carry guns, and I do that with all three, but the 9mm gets the most carry. Getting night sights put on it today..........
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I carry my USP compact 9 daily in a Versamax IWB @2:30.  In Fall, Winter, Spring, it's not an issue, but in the hottest summer months where you don't even want to wear your own skin, it's more difficult to conceal well for me.

The finish on mine is wearing nicely, obviously the touch points (the corners) are wearing faster as it's constantly rubbing against the leather (even when you think you're still, there's still small movements that can make your gun rub inside the holster).

Using a flat base plate on the mags makes it much more easier to conceal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell, I carried my full sized USP for a while, OWB also. I used a Galco Combat Master holster. I just don't wear skin tight clothing with it and no one is the wiser.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my main carries is a USP C .40 with stainless slide. No light, just night sights.

Grip is very comfortable (9mm) frame. Nice trigger, very accurate for me even with a heavy double action. Smooth profile easy to conceal and sit down with appendix carry. I would like a 9mm compact also.

Its a 1996 and I bought it on impulse buy because it came with a factory light and tactical softcase I've never seen. $600 like new.

I decided I really like it after I shot it for a while. Only .40 I own.

Edit: also appendix carried a USP C .45 for a while. It was a bit thick so I turned it into a USP CT with threaded barrel, extended mag, light, and match trigger / hammer.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top