BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/2/2017 12:14:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my VP9, but the SK and OR models are what I've been waiting for!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Sales have absolutely tanked on the VP9 line.  "Dealer" price is $530, they seem to be selling for between $470 to $490.  Nobody is making any money on them, that means distributors and dealers won't buy them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Been waiting for something like that SF9 to come out.  

I also wish they'd make a VP45
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sales have absolutely tanked on the VP9 line.  "Dealer" price is $530, they seem to be selling for between $470 to $490.  Nobody is making any money on them, that means distributors and dealers won't buy them.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.gunbuyer.com/hk-vp9-9mm-4-09-15rd-black-m700009a5-hkm700009-a5-gb.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.gunbuyer.com/hk-vp9-9mm-4-09-15rd-black-m700009a5-hkm700009-a5-gb.html
View Quote

Are they good to deal with?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#9]
So who has these yet?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So who has these yet?
View Quote

Remember these are the SFP line which is the EU version of our VP9 series of guns.   Logic would say they would release them here as well, but the article did not say they were coming to the US.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why do you think that is? Because of the MAC review?

I've heard wonky things about the VP9, rumours that HK farms them out to another mfg, someone at SHOT claims that HK reps refused to confirm or deny where the VP pistol were made. I've also heard rumors they aren't built to the same standards and their other pistols which is why they cost less.

FWIW I had already purchased a PPQ so I never felt the need to buy one but the SK looks interesting to me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've heard wonky things about the VP9, rumours that HK farms them out to another mfg, someone at SHOT claims that HK reps refused to confirm or deny where the VP pistol were made. I've also heard rumors they aren't built to the same standards and their other pistols which is why they cost less.
View Quote

You really need to stop listening to wonky people and then passing along their wonky information.

H&K manufacturers and assembles the VP line 100% in house. Manufacturing/molding is done in Oberndorf, Germany some assembly is done in Columbus, Georgia at HK-USA.
Why would the H&K representatives at SHOT dignify a stupid question with any response? I'd probably look at you like you were an alien and walk away shaking my head if you came out of left field with a completely untrue accusation.
Exactly what "standard" do you think the P series is manufacturer to that the VP series isn't?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You really need to stop listening to wonky people and then passing along their wonky information.

H&K manufacturers and assembles the VP line 100% in house. Manufacturing/molding is done in Oberndorf, Germany some assembly is done in Columbus, Georgia at HK-USA.
Why would the H&K representatives at SHOT dignify a stupid question with any response? I'd probably look at you like you were an alien and walk away shaking my head if you came out of left field with a completely untrue accusation.
Exactly what "standard" do you think the P series is manufacturer to that the VP series isn't?
View Quote

I'm discussing possible reasons for the VP9 not selling well. Jagdkommando, who is a respected source of information, said "Sales have absolutely tanked on the VP9 line." I asked if he knew the reason why and offered up some possible additional insigh from suttlebutt I've read onlinet. Maybe it's all misinformation, quite possibly is I don't know. I've never even shot a VP9, as I said I already had a PPQ and when I held the VP9 at my LGS it seems too similar to justify another purchase.

It doesn't take much searching to find numerous threads across the net on the subject of the supposed "lesser quality" of the VP9 vs the P2000, P30 or USP lines.

Here's one I pulled off a quick search

Link
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It doesn't take much searching to find numerous threads across the net
View Quote

There's the problem.
The gun forum echo chamber is like a sewing circle that plays the telephone game underwater.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
That's funny...  Linking to a Glock forum that is talking about problems with an HK product.  I am amazed that ONE video gets all the attention when there are other videos that do the same or worse and the VP9 does not have one issue.  I have also seen similar videos where a Glock fails with just a simple water dunk...  Does that mean Glock is a failure?  I think Glock fan boys are just scared of the VP9...  
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why should anyone be "scared of the VP9"?
View Quote

Only reason I can think of is because it's pointed at their face.  Mine has been 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why should anyone be "scared of the VP9"?
View Quote

It was a joke...  
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm discussing possible reasons for the VP9 not selling well. Jagdkommando, who is a respected source of information, said "Sales have absolutely tanked on the VP9 line." I asked if he knew the reason why and offered up some possible additional insigh from suttlebutt I've read onlinet. Maybe it's all misinformation, quite possibly is I don't know. I've never even shot a VP9, as I said I already had a PPQ and when I held the VP9 at my LGS it seems too similar to justify another purchase.

It doesn't take much searching to find numerous threads across the net on the subject of the supposed "lesser quality" of the VP9 vs the P2000, P30 or USP lines.

Link
View Quote

Sales have probably tanked on the VP9 (if they actually have) because sales on guns in general have tanked as well since the election.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There's the problem.
The gun forum echo chamber is like a sewing circle that plays the telephone game underwater.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It doesn't take much searching to find numerous threads across the net

There's the problem.

I had a VP9, a USP 45c, and I currently have two P30's.

The VP9 definitely feels cheaper than the P30 and USP's.  I believe overall build quality is reflected in the significant price difference.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know, I have a USPc, HK45CT, and VP9. I'm not quite sure what some mean by 'feels cheap' but all of mine 'feel' pretty solid to me, and more importantly all run like a top. I'd have assumed it was cheaper largely due to being striker fired and the design being inherently cheaper to manufacture. My only real complaint on the VP9 offhand is that the grip looks super grippy but isn't.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The VP9 definitely feels cheaper than the P30 and USP's.  I believe overall build quality is reflected in the significant price difference.
View Quote

I belived the significant price difference is in fact that if you want to sell a polymer striker fired pistol,  You better be inline with all other polymer striker fired pistols.......

I don't find fit or finish or reliablilty any different than any other HK pistol I own..
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why have they tanked so badly?

Is it just a case of an initial fanboy market keeping things hot until it is satisfied, and then bottoming out, while everyone else spends their money on other products that do the same thing for a lower price?   Or is there something technical that is holding the product line back?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder how long it is going to be till they hit the distributor's......
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sales have absolutely tanked on the VP9 line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm discussing possible reasons for the VP9 not selling well.

Quoted:

I wonder how all these Internet gurus managed to get the VP9 sales numbers?
I'm sure they can post a link to the quarterly reports of units sold.
If not... could it be they're just making the numbers up or spreading "fake news"?
Enquiring minds want to know...
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've read this quite a bit on various forums.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?

Last I heard they were flying out the door.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If not... could it be they're just making the numbers up or spreading "fake news"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HK seems to think they're pretty profitable. You know, since we are in a thread about HK expanding the VP9 line to L, SK, M, and OR variants; and adding both safeties and push button mag releases as options.

Some of you all saying they're badly tanking may want to clue HK in, because they're clearly reading from a different set of notes than you all are.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

They are @ $479 retail. $50 less than dealers pay for them.  That means they are being dumped.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't claim to be an internet guru, however I am a sales rep at a major firearm distribution company that carries most of the big name brands including H&K.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've read this quite a bit on various forums.
View Quote

I'm not tracking on this line of thought.  I don't know how everyone defines "quality", but I see the same manufacturing methods, same surface finish, same polymer, same proof facility, many of the same engravings, etc... between my P30sk and VP9.

From a design standpoint, the VP9 requires less force to take out of battery....  This is (as near as I can tell) from the striker spring "fighting" the recoil spring.  No striker spring on a P30.  The only other thing I can dog on the VP9 is that the right side slide release is a little sloppy vs. the P30sk...  It works, though.

Nothing about it points me in the direction of them being outsourced or sub-standard QC.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#32]
The "feels cheaper" phenomenon for the VP9 is quite simple.... it's lighter and yes actually is cheaper.  Consumers have been psychologically conditioned to associate those two things with inferior quality.  Well actually it's the exact opposite of heavy & expensive = good but that leads to the same conclusion.  This is why people buy Beatz headphones for $300 that are made of plastic with hidden weights inside when you can buy acoustically equivalent ones for $30.

Also, if the VP series tanked, HK wouldn't have just quadrupled down with the extensive new line of variants.  Perhaps the dealer price isn't a solid $530 after all.  Or dealers decided to liquidate for whatever internal reason they saw fit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Definitely interested in the VP9sk. Hope to see them available soon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote
So why are you here? Specifically here in the HK sub forum of handguns? If you're here to spread around misinformation, then it is concerning.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's funny...  Linking to a Glock forum that is talking about problems with an HK product.  I am amazed that ONE video gets all the attention when there are other videos that do the same or worse and the VP9 does not have one issue.  I have also seen similar videos where a Glock fails with just a simple water dunk...  Does that mean Glock is a failure?  I think Glock fan boys are just scared of the VP9...  
View Quote
No surprise that a Glock forum would be complaining about about one of their competitors and parroting everyone else's word on just why anything but Glock sucks.

And ignoring Glock failure videos and ignoring all the other videos where the VP9 does not fail yet clinging to just one controversial video as the gospel tells me all I need to know about how easily shallow the integrity is with those folks.

And they are not scared of just the VP9; they're scared of people owning, carrying, and liking something that isn't a Glock and multiplying.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I know tons of people that have been picking up VP9's, from what I've seen sales have increased in my area, most people I know have two of them.

I picked up a VP9T and I love it, such a nice shooter and no problems with the 'cheap' feel, it's a striker fired polymer gun... and honestly it feels pretty solid. At $480 (regularly online) they're less than Glock 19's.

I can't wait for the SK to come around and probably take my G19's spot in my daily carry
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So why are you here? Specifically here in the HK sub forum of handguns? If you're here to spread around misinformation, then it is concerning.
View Quote

I've been a member here since 2004, do you think I would have lasted this long if I was a troll? I also rarely post which would be the opposite of a troll account. Since this is a thread about new products, and I posted earlier that I was interested in the VP9SK that would be why I'm here.

Also don't get all bent out of shape that I linked to a Glock talk thread, that was the first result on Google. There's even a thread right now on HKPRO asking the same questions. All over the net are people asking these questions and I never said ANY of it was true. In response to a sales being down post I offered some possible reasons why that might be, the rumors and speculation.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#38]
The VP9sk is now listed on HK-USA as "Coming soon".
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The VP9sk is now listed on HK-USA as "Coming soon".
View Quote
Also posted on their Facebook page a couple of days ago but still no ETA.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Local gun store said their HK rep said April/May for the VP9sk. Take it for what it is worth. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#41]
I want the long slide and the optics ready.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought a VP9 because of all the great user reviews on here to try something different as I'm not a fan boy for any particular manufacturer.  I didn't pay any attention so the infamous Utube video.  I have seen the discussions since that video talking about the lesser quality,  etc which I'm sure have had some impact on sales.   Honestly I think that if sales have dropped off its because there are so many other offerings on the market. You had Buds and Palmetto both buy a truckload of VP9s and we're selling them cheap for weeks so maybe the market already reached saturation for the time being. Plus it's not the hot new item like it was, Sig P320 has gotten all the attention now just because of the military contract.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top