Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/26/2017 2:14:36 PM EDT
Well I wanted a different gun and a 9mm, I'm used to Glocks and 1911s, and when I saw some reviews I had to get a VP9. I bought a used one for what I believe is was a great deal. Well the trigger is awesome on this gun and so are the ergonomics. Well I watch the infamous MAC video of the VP9 and I will admit the sand malfunctions did concern me. I went to the range today and loaded it with 5rds covered my VP9 fully in sand, and then fired it one handed, i did this 3 times. It performed flawlessly. I didn't know if anyone would care, but i thought I'd share. I'll post videos if anyone cares to see.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad it worked out for you.  The next time out if you try the same thing it could choke.  Sand is evil.  I love my VP9.  David
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
HK Parts sells an enhanced slide cap if you or anyone else is actually concerned about it.

I'm glad it worked out for you. As for me, I don't take MAC's "tests" seriously as I have found much to be wary of from him
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]
1750 rounds plus in a training class this spring and no issues. Nice firearm.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't clean mine for the fist 1100 rounds.  Didn't lube it, ran it with factory grease.  I took it from 70 degrees inside, threw it in the snow let it freeze for a couple hours, went back out and dumped a few mags... have had it OWB while riding ATV's, getting about as dusty as it can, and stopped to pop off a few shots, carried & shot it in the rain, snow, sleet... Never an issue.

I finally got 1 partial failure to extract a couple months ago with Tulammo after ~3700 rounds.  I've quit counting now, north of 4k and no other issues to report.

Remains the most comfortable semi-auto pistol I've ever held short of olympic style .22lr's.  Reliability speaks for itself, trigger is up there with the best, THE best striker-fired trigger I've ever felt, ergos are awesome, and accuracy is outstanding.  Owning and shooting the VP9 seriously has been one of the most enjoyable firearms experiences I've had because I have had to do NOTHING but shoot the damn thing.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top