Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 12:04:27 AM EDT
After reading many threads praising the P30 v.1 LEM trigger, I finally located a dealer who had a P30sk in DAO. I was surprised that the trigger pull felt very much like the DA pull of a P30 v.3, not what I expected given all the descriptions of a smooth light double action v.1 LEM.  My question is whether HK makes a DAO that is NOT the light LEM or is the DAO that I checked out actually the v.1 LEM?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
LEM is not DAO.  I don't think H&K even make a DAO...?  The LEM will feel like a DAO if you don't cycle the slide to pre-cock the hammer strut.

LEM is a pre-cocked hammer strut with a superficial hammer/trigger return spring.  The trigger and hammer come forward all the way every time you release the trigger fully, but the actual reset and break point are effectively single action and the same from first shot to last as long as the gun cycles.  If you want to feel the proper LEM reset, you need to cycle the slide while holding the trigger to the rear before releasing to reset and breaking the trigger again.
You can tune the LEM's takeup weight relative to the break, sort of like a tunable/adjustable two-stage AR trigger, by swapping trigger, striker block, and possibly hammer strut springs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LEM is not DAO.  I don't think H&K even make a DAO...?  The LEM will feel like a DAO if you don't cycle the slide to pre-cock the hammer strut.

LEM is a pre-cocked hammer strut with a superficial hammer/trigger return spring.  The trigger and hammer come forward all the way every time you release the trigger fully, but the actual reset and break point are effectively single action and the same from first shot to last as long as the gun cycles.  If you want to feel the proper LEM reset, you need to cycle the slide while holding the trigger to the rear before releasing to reset and breaking the trigger again.
You can tune the LEM's takeup weight relative to the break, sort of like a tunable/adjustable two-stage AR trigger, by swapping trigger, striker block, and possibly hammer strut springs.
View Quote

^This.  H&K do not have a DAO.  LEM is the way to go.  I wouldn't carry anything else.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, that's helpful.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top