Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/30/2017 1:31:07 AM EDT
I know this has been brought up a lot. I currently own a HK P30 LEM with the TGS springs. I really like the P30 but I am not really a fan of the trigger reset. How many people here sold there P30's for the new VP9. I am a fan of striker fired guns, I use a Glock 19 as my edc. I be been debating if I should just save for the VP9 and own both pistols. Or would I be better served to sell the P30 and just upgrade the VP9 with some Trijicon HD's.  Would my Com-Tac Infidel Ultra Hybrid Holster fit the VP9?  I'd like to hear your input if you have experiences with these pistols. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you had much side by side trigger time with them? People rush for the new hotness but it doesn't always mean it's better. If you can, get both for awhile (borrow, rent?) and see which you really prefer. 
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a P30 light lem and had a VP9.

The VP9 didn't do anything for me that my Glocks didn't already take care of in regards to striker fired pistols.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I just did the opposite and traded my VP9 for a P30 V1 in 9mm.  I like the P30 a lot more than the VP9.  Here's what I posted in another thread:

I know it's not the exact question the OP asked, but I thought I'd share my somewhat relevant experience. I own/owned a USP Compact 45, a P30 9mm, a P30sk 9mm, and a VP9. I like the P30 and P30sk the best. I like the VP9 the least. I traded my VP9 away the other day for a full size P30 9mm V1.

I know a lot of people like the VP9, but I was never really satisfied with mine. It felt significantly less robust than the USP or the P30. If I had no prior experience with the USP or P30, I may not have noticed the following issues. Little things like the weak side slide release lever and the plastic charging supports felt cheap to me. The VP9 was the only polymer pistol I've owned that I could really feel a lot of flex in the grip when I squeezed. I've read rave reviews regarding the VP9 trigger, but my particular VP9 had a fair amount of grit in the take up and a good bit of creep just before the break. That said, the VP9 reset is pretty nice. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I like the USP and P30 triggers more.

Just my $.02
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
How's the reset on the V1? Maybe I'll try swapping springs to the V1.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How's the reset on the V1? Maybe I'll try swapping springs to the V1.
View Quote

Some complain that the reset on the V1 is a little long.  I don't find it to be overly long and it certainly doesn't hamper my ability to shoot it quickly and accurately.  For a carry gun, I actually like the V1 trigger over anything else Ive tried.  For several years, I resisted buying a V1 trigger under the false belief that I would hate it.  I'm really happy that I gave the V1 a chance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently got a vp9. I have had the p30 for a few years. If I had to sell one I would sell the vp9.  nothing wrong with it but I prefer the p30
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The reset point shouldn't change from LEM to V1
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I  changed the trigger return spring for the one found on the LEM Light V1. I like it a lot better. I'm keeping the P30.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I like my P30L. But I like my VP9 better and that is my EDC and the P30L has been a range toy ever since.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I never really grew fond of the LEM trigger.  That being said, I have owned both and there is no way I would part with my P30 for VP9.  Both are great pistols, however the P30 feels much more solid IMO.  I would strongly suggest handling a VP9 prior to making the trade and look into alternative trigger options.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a P30L V1 (Light LEM) that I sold to finance a VP9. I like the VP9's grip better, but otherwise I miss the P30L.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a VP9 with the regular springs and a P30LS LEM with the light trigger spring in it.  I used to have a regular P30LEM Light LEM (it was the first gun in this pattern for me).  I had it for years.  Took it and my newly acquired VP9 to the range. It was no contest which pistol I could shoot better.  VP9 hands down.  And this was after having thousands of rounds through the P30L.  The VP9 just clicked for me better.

Wound up selling the P30.  Still have the L as I shoot that one fairly well. It's used as a nightstand pistol with a light attached.

VP9 is my go-to carry gun.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top