Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/1/2017 12:37:43 PM EDT
With led prices so cheap are there any cheap conversion bulbs? I know they used to sell the whole replacement bezel. I seen one conversation on eBay for $40 and an airsoft m3 led clone for $30 that I might try just for the bulb. My surefires I just got new bulbs really cheap.

My usp and utl were my first handgun purchase back in the day and I want to winter ccw it now!
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered one from Lumen Factory.  It's the only one I could find on the internet in current production.  I haven't received it yet, so I can't tell how it's going to work.  When it does, I'll post back...
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the factory ones before they were gone, great improvement.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, the long slow boat from China finally arrived a couple of days ago, and I just put it in.

Man, what a difference!!!  Worth the $43 for me.

2 caveats...
First, make sure you have the polarity right
Second, the spring from the old may or may not need to be used, not sure, but I moved it over.  To do so, I had to shorten it by 1.5 coils.  And it was hella hard to get off the old bulb fixture.

Other than that, easy.

Woody
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, the long slow boat from China finally arrived a couple of days ago, and I just put it in.

2 caveats...
Second, the spring from the old may or may not need to be used, not sure, but I moved it over.  To do so, I had to shorten it by 1.5 coils.  And it was hella hard to get off the old bulb fixture.

Other than that, easy.

Woody
View Quote

Can you share details on where (URL) you purchased it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one as well today.

I thought they were drop in?

What am I gonna have to do to make this work?

I have a few UTL's
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 caveats...

Other than that, easy.

Woody

Id like to know too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:34:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Try this.  It lists the M2 UTL.  If the link works right....

Click Me!  Click Me!!

It does look like the price went up by $10 since I ordered in mid-December.  Still worth it to me as an old dim M2 user...

They are basically drop in.  The old module has a spring on the back that provides forward pressure on the bulb module.  The new one doesn't come with one.  If the old spring would slide off easy, I'd say try just slipping it on and see if it closes and operates.  My spring was stubborn and got elongated by the time I got it out.  So, I trimmed off about 1.5 coils, slipped it around the back of the new unit, and in it went.  Works fine for me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a few for my lights. Should be here in a few weeks.

If these work I guess I'll be buying up the stacks of used UTL's locally and converting all the things.

Thanks for the post. I searched high and low for these and gave up a while back.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]
You can buy a used Insight M3 or M6 with LED.

Sometimes the M6 is cheaper.

Take the Bezel off and onto the old M2.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Lumen factory replacement does indeed work. It is drop in. No tools needed.

I just did one of mine successfully. Didn't even bother with the spring but I may move it over later depending on functionality after I'm able to test fire
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got a m3 light cheap used with led for the bezel swap (cheaper than the lumen factory bulb). The led bulb retrofit is overpriced in my opinion and the price increase made me look elsewhere with led prices dropping.  I got surefire conversation bulbs on eBay for less than $10 that are great.

What sucks is I have a few m3 lights with standard bulbs. Cheaper to sell and just buy the led ones on eBay

Sucks these should be much cheaper
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top