Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 5:52:19 AM EDT
I have a HK USP9 and was wondering what most of you are using as a cleaning solvent and lubricant.  Is CLP acceptable, or are there any drawbacks?   I guess I'm looking to see if there is anything better than Hoppes.  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks...Tim
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I use CLP on all my guns. Never had a problem. CLP never failed me in the Army either. I have thought about getting some Militec just to see what all the fuss is about though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
In the field, I carry a small spray bottle of MPro7. Back home, I'll use something a little stronger -- Hoppes #9 is what I currently use. Still, the USP's a tough gun and doesn't seem to need cleaning as often as other guns I've owned.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I never clean my H&K. It is a great design

OK, I use CLP after a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info everyone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Strip slide BRL. REC.SPRING wipe off all fouling with dry rag, asseble. Built like a tank!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top