Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/30/2010 10:29:40 PM EDT
I'v been wanting a USP for a while. I don't want the 45 because I have lots of 1911ls  I was looking at new USP's with night sights the other day and they are a complete rip off at 950 bucks at the local fun store.  So when I saw this at AIM i figured it was a pretty good deal. Good or bad deal, what does the HK forum think?  Right now I think that for what it is, I got a decent deal.
linky

Just picked the new-to-me USP 9mm today, and I must say this is the nicest police trade-in have. I have a G19,G17 and a Sigpro that had been police guns and all of those at least show some wear from their previous owners, but this HK is almost brand new. Botac was selling the safari land drop leg holster for 25 bucks that fits the USP with the taclight, that is a screaming deal so I had to buy one. I also picked up a couple mags from an online forum for 40 bucks a piece bringing the total in this gun to just about $800, which i think is a pretty  good deal for all the crap that I have for it now. My initial impressions of the LEM trigger are good. After the long, easy and smooth take up of the double action portion of the trigger pull, there is a crisp and short, almost 1911-ish final pull until the hammer drops.  It will take a little getting used to but I am hopeful. Some pics!

The light is very bright, just not when the flash is on

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn good deal. Trigger might not be exactly what you're looking for but it's a modular anyway.

I love the LEM trigger BTW and I know a lot of others here do too. If you're not used to it give it 500 rounds before you write it off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Damn good deal. Trigger might not be exactly what you're looking for but it's a modular anyway.

I love the LEM trigger BTW and I know a lot of others here do too. If you're not used to it give it 500 rounds before you write it off.

I read a lot about the LEM trigger before I purchased it, sounds like something I will like.  I hope im able to get used to it.  I switch pretty easily between my Glocks, 1911's and my CZ SPO1 when I need too and have run all of them in comps. with good results (for me good results are having fun and not being embarrassed by the real shooters).  I hope that the LEM will make me happy, and i get a silly light with it, I can't wait for it to show up, i think the tac light is worth at least $100-150 on its own.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a screaming deal with the tac light and all. Only 2 left.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
You better get her fast!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
bump for some pics of new to me USP
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice package. The reset on the USP LEM is where it's at. Very controllable accurate follow up shots. Looks like you almost got an unissued one. How does the light work, Lumen estimate?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very nice package. The reset on the USP LEM is where it's at. Very controllable accurate follow up shots. Looks like you almost got an unissued one. How does the light work, Lumen estimate?  

Not sure, but very bright, brighter than any of the flashlights I have laying around the house (couple surfires and maglights, headlamps too). THe package says 90 Lumens though, is that good?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Well Done!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure, but very bright, brighter than any of the flashlights I have laying around the house (couple surfires and maglights, headlamps too). THe package says 90 Lumens though, is that good?

If it's the true OTF lumen rating then that's very good, esp if it's an incan. If it's the rating at the emitter you're still getting 50-60 lumen which is brighter then most all Walmart lights.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Good deal azeyecap.  Congratulations.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow I love jet funneled HKs...great looking gun and awesome deal...congrats
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top