Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 3:42:59 PM EDT by jpa2161]
I posted this on the 1911 forum too.....

Well I went ahead and decided to pick up a new Colt 1911 Model 01070XSE 5inch in all stainless steel. It is totally stock except the Hogue stocks and the Wilson mag I picked up for it. Its not fancy by any means and I got it mainly as another carry gun so was not looking for a uber expensive tricked out Colt.

I am by no means new to 1911s having owned Kimbers, Springfields, etc. I dont like the standard production Kimbers much but do like the custom shop stuff, Springfields were pretty good to me as well. I always wanted a Colt but not as a collector. I wanted one to carry. I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap. That seems kinda harsh. I am sure there are differences but while its not a Les Baer or Ed Brown....its pretty nice to me. And again its made to get used and carried a lot! It is not to be a show piece or safe queen. :)

I bought it brand new at a local shop today. I have a couple of questions...any recommendations on replacing the guide spring? I was thinking a Wolf but not sure what to use.

How is Colt's customer service and warranty. I got the warranty card to send in. Is that a must or does Colt even care? I have heard some good and bad about Colt's service.

Overall I am happy with it...tho have not shot it yet so hope it goes well! I will post an update when I go to the range...hopefully this weekend!

Anyway. opinions appreciated! Thanks!
JP
DFW, TX

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:38:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:55:17 AM EDT
Thats one great looking pistol.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:02:02 AM EDT
Nice looking Pony.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:13:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 8:26:29 AM EDT by AirCommando]

Originally Posted By jpa2161:
I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap.

Well, I hope this one I bought two days ago isn't crap.

BTW, nice gun, JP! I have a stainless on order for carry too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:35:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AirCommando:

I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap.

Well, I hope this one I bought two days ago isn't crap.

If they are just send them to me. I love Colt's that are "crap".
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:35:28 AM EDT

I posted this on the 1911 forum too.....

Well I went ahead and decided to pick up a new Colt 1911 Model 01070XSE 5inch in all stainless steel. It is totally stock except the Hogue stocks and the Wilson mag I picked up for it. Its not fancy by any means and I got it mainly as another carry gun so was not looking for a uber expensive tricked out Colt.

I am by no means new to 1911s having owned Kimbers, Springfields, etc. I dont like the standard production Kimbers much but do like the custom shop stuff, Springfields were pretty good to me as well. I always wanted a Colt but not as a collector. I wanted one to carry. I heard the new stuff sucks and if the Colt isnt a Series 70 then its crap. That seems kinda harsh. I am sure there are differences but while its not a Les Baer or Ed Brown....its pretty nice to me. And again its made to get used and carried a lot! It is not to be a show piece or safe queen. :)

I bought it brand new at a local shop today. I have a couple of questions...any recommendations on replacing the guide spring? I was thinking a Wolf but not sure what to use.

How is Colt's customer service and warranty. I got the warranty card to send in. Is that a must or does Colt even care? I have heard some good and bad about Colt's service.

Overall I am happy with it...tho have not shot it yet so hope it goes well! I will post an update when I go to the range...hopefully this weekend!

Anyway. opinions appreciated! Thanks!
JP
DFW, TX

i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/jpa1701/30a7d493.jpg

Thats a great looking colt
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:34:39 PM EDT
That's just a viscious rumor started by the wannabes. I wouldn't change a thing. Here's my series 70 repro. and it is a tack driver!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/hillmillenia/IMG_0165.jpg
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:35:51 PM EDT
Congrats. That will be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:50:36 AM EDT
jpa2161 thats a great looking colt
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:22:15 AM EDT
The XSE model is an excellent choice. I have the blued Government Model and the stainless Commander. Love them both, great shooters, reliable as hell.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:58:38 AM EDT
Nice Colt you have there! I have an ORM and NRM 1991 and I love them. Hope to get a NRM 70 one of these days...D
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top