Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 10/25/2001 12:19:06 PM EDT
I picked one up for my 16 yr old daughter, but I'm keeping it for myself! I've never been a 9mm fan, but this thing is incredible. The light load in the heavy frame is a great combination. I shot lights out with it in a combat match a couple of weekends ago. Double taps are a breeze.

The only drawback is that it has a two piece guide rod that you need an allen wrench to take apart. No field stripping this one blindfolded .
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:10:23 AM EDT
I own a Springfield Armory 1911A1 in 9mm. As you describe, it's almost like shooting a 22 with the low recoil. There's not too many 9mm 1911s out there so it gets its share of looks at the range.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:50:38 AM EDT
Have had two colt 9mm, both were very good shooters, Sarco sells mags for them at about $10.00. The mags are made by Pacmeyer. Only real complaint I had was that the sights are
'not the easiest' to use.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:06:45 AM EDT
I've been seriously thinking about getting one. It would be a nice shooting target gun, and not a bad defense gun, with the speed of double taps and all. I've also been toying with the idea of getting one and converting it to 9x23. Might as well use all the length in the mag.

Ross
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top