Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jkitchen:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/426002/20211120_171124_jpg-2174732.JPG

Hopefully this is it
@vet14tango10
View Quote

That’s it. My brown came with 2. Black came with 1. Think it depends on colt stock levels.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vet14tango10:

That’s it. My brown came with 2. Black came with 1. Think it depends on colt stock levels.
View Quote

I got it waiting on the nics which takes a day or 2 on me sometimes.

Also 2 mags 1 was under the first layer of foam even though it said 1
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]

I got it waiting on the nics which takes a day or 2 on me sometimes.

Also 2 mags 1 was under the first layer of foam even though it said 1
View Quote

Awesome. Solid solid buy. You will love it. Post your test target when you get it. I will throw mine up. Also ask them if they have the shipper box. Its not a deal breaker but try to get it if you can.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Awesome. Solid solid buy. You will love it. Post your test target when you get it. I will throw mine up. Also ask them if they have the shipper box. Its not a deal breaker but try to get it if you can.
View Quote

Yeah I seen him put it in the cardboard colt box.

Hopefully i get the call tomorrow or Monday but Friday i can go pick it up. Don't really know if i should shoot it or keep it as an investment. I have plenty of shooters but it seems too solid to just look at.

If it's going to be worth double one day I'd probably just keep it as a collector piece.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Black CCS M45a1. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Nice ill post mine when I pick it up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:24:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#8]
Attachment Attached File

I'd love a tan one even if it's the production line and would grab a stainless if i ever somehow see one in the wild. The black isn't something I see for sale so maybe it'll be worth something but I'm going to put a light on it and shoot it more than likely. I really don't know much about these or 1911s in general.

What light? X300a-u, modlite, or stream lights

Edit- Don't know why arf gets my pictures backwards or sideways always? I'll probably fix pic later sorry
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#9]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/426002/20211123_070846_jpg-2177973.JPG

I'd love a tan one even if it's the production line and would grab a stainless if i ever somehow see one in the wild. The black isn't something I see for sale so maybe it'll be worth something but I'm going to put a light on it and shoot it more than likely. I really don't know much about these or 1911s in general.

Edit- Don't know why arf gets my pictures backwards or sideways always? I'll probably fix pic later sorry
View Quote

Shoot it. The rumor is Colt made 200 total of the all black ccs m45a1’s. I would say a touch more but thats the rumor.  X300u-b works best on all metal guns imo. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:22:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#11]
Wright leather works will custom make a holster for the m45a1 just incase anyone is looking. They have several different models but heres the one I chose.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#12]
Yeah how can I not shoot it? Only 200 made wow if true. I thought maybe they ran more but this is from 2018 and I can't find any for sale currently.

Surefire is probably what I will run and look for the model you guys said.

*mimicking what I said above
Also I might put the tan g10 grips on it because that one looks pretty sweet with it. I wanted a fde or definitely a stainless if i found one but i guess im running the rare black version unless a colt collector somehow finds me and wants to work on a trade
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#13]
Yeah how can I not shoot it? Only 200 made wow if true. I thought maybe they ran more but this is from 2018 and I can't find any for sale currently.

Surefire is probably what I will run and look for the model you guys said.

*mimicking what I said above
Also I might put the tan g10 grips on it because that one looks pretty sweet with it. I wanted a fde or definitely a stainless if i found one but i guess im running the rare black version unless a colt collector somehow finds me and wants to work on a trade
View Quote

If you want the tan grips you will have to do a couple things. Mil-tac makes the m45a1 grips. Contact Craig Sword at mil-tac and tell him you want the tan set or whatever they are called for the brown m45a1 and tell him you want the m45a1 cuts because to reuse your black screws the holes are larger not standard. I opted for standard when he made the set for my black to match my brown. He got them pretty damn close. Or order the standard cut grips and new screws. Put the stock screws and grips away for safe keeping. Or sell them to me. Haha.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#14]
They made a very limited run of all black with tan grips. A member here at one point had 2. O1070cqbz.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:35:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#15]

If you want the tan grips you will have to do a couple things. Mil-tac makes the m45a1 grips. Contact Craig Sword at mil-tac and tell him you want the tan set or whatever they are called for the brown m45a1 and tell him you want the m45a1 cuts because to reuse your black screws the holes are larger not standard. I opted for standard when he made the set for my black to match my brown. He got them pretty damn close. Or order the standard cut grips and new screws. Put the stock screws and grips away for safe keeping. Or sell them to me. Haha.
View Quote

Thanks for this. I'd probably keep the original stuff on this one and ill contact him and see what he says. I can probably run standard and save the original screws but whatever is better ill do. The tan or another color to make it pop is what I want.  I want the same style to keep it original looking and I will probably get a tan model down the road if o see one so having a couple sets of grips would be best.

I take it this  is a special order type of ordeal?
Not something I can just grab online and try a few colors out basically?
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Thanks for this. I'd probably keep the original stuff on this one and ill contact him and see what he says. I can probably run standard and save the original screws but whatever is better ill do. The tan or another color to make it pop is what I want.  I want the same style to keep it original looking and I will probably get a tan model down the road if o see one so having a couple sets of grips would be best.

I take it this  is a special order type of ordeal?
Not something I can just grab online and try a few colors out basically?
View Quote

If you want to use the flathead grips screws Yes you will have to contact him and explain the situation. He will know. If you just want the tan set and buy standard grip screws you can order them on the website. In my case I wanted a close match to my brown gun. So he made a run. Texted me pics and we chose the closest set. Be advised the color variation and vertical striping I guess you would call it or g10 layering can vary wildly. This set below I ordered directly off the website with standard screw cuts. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:30:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#17]
Ordered a black x300uB in black and a x300uA in tan on primary arms bf sale. Pretty good deals i got the A model in fde incase I get a 19x but if i see the tan m45a1 one day I'll have it ready.

I don't nesecry need 2 but I never thought about getting a black one so I still would want even the blue box tan. I'll be contacting miltac and researching some grips to make it pop. I do like the bigger flat head screws.

The trigger almost feels identical to my colt 1991 which I think is the same but that is a great trigger so I'm good. Hope to get it out to the range tomorrow along with the new python.

*also i see the tan grips on miltac but it doesn't say anything about the ambi cut.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#18]
Ordered a black x300uB in black and a x300uA in tan on primary arms bf sale. Pretty good deals i got the A model in fde incase I get a 19x but if i see the tan m45a1 one day I'll have it ready.

I don't nesecry need 2 but I never thought about getting a black one so I still would want even the blue box tan. I'll be contacting miltac and researching some grips to make it pop. I do like the bigger flat head screws.

The trigger almost feels identical to my colt 1991 which I think is the same but that is a great trigger so I'm good. Hope to get it out to the range tomorrow along with the new python.

*also i see the tan grips on miltac but it doesn't say anything about the ambi cut.
View Quote

They are all ambi cut if I remember right. If you do talk to mil-tac make sure to tell him you want to use the stock screws and o-rings. If you take your current grips off you will see the o-rings around the bushings. The backside of the grips are cut for those o-rings. Also the ejection side grip is cut for the safety and any other grip on the planet is not. I have put plenty of other grips on mine and the safety did not hit but ya never know. Easy fix anyway. Alot to digest for some damn grips isnt it. Stupid large flathead screws. Haha. Also I tried the tan surefire on my brown m45a1 and it looked like dogshit. Not even close. Wish I still had the pic. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#19]

They are all ambi cut if I remember right. If you do talk to mil-tac make sure to tell him you want to use the stock screws and o-rings. If you take your current grips off you will see the o-rings around the bushings. The backside of the grips are cut for those o-rings. Also the ejection side grip is cut for the safety and any other grip on the planet is not. I have put plenty of other grips on mine and the safety did not hit but ya never know. Easy fix anyway. Alot to digest for some damn grips isnt it. Stupid large flathead screws. Haha. Also I tried the tan surefire on my brown m45a1 and it looked like dogshit. Not even close. Wish I still had the pic. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264989/DABA68E6-6475-429F-8F15-D2CFCFA644EA_jpe-2181282.JPG
View Quote

The safety on mine has a piece that slides under the grip. The grip has a cut out on the inside that lets the piece connected to safety slide under. I'll get pictures tomorrow.

The tan surefire was a good deal and i might need one so I figured If I ever came across the tan colt I'd be good to go. If it looks like crap I'd probably use a black one i guess but that's a problem for the future.

Did the marine units use surefire? Or tan lights?

I swear I seen pictures of lights attached and a guy in a movie with a tan m45a1 with a light and it looked pretty sweet.

Edit- looking at your picture mine is the same with the piece that slides under the grip.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]

The safety on mine has a piece that slides under the grip. The grip has a cut out on the inside that lets the piece connected to safety slide under. I'll get pictures tomorrow.

The tan surefire was a good deal and i might need one so I figured If I ever came across the tan colt I'd be good to go. If it looks like crap I'd probably use a black one i guess but that's a problem for the future.

Did the marine units use surefire? Or tan lights?

I swear I seen pictures of lights attached and a guy in a movie with a tan m45a1 with a light and it looked pretty sweet.
View Quote

Yes. In pic below. Miltac grips are cut for that as are most any ambi cut grips. I have seen usmc guns with tan surefire lights but that was on the early cerakote fde guns. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes. In pic below. Miltac grips are cut for that as are most any ambi cut grips. I have seen usmc guns with tan surefire lights but that was on the early cerakote fde guns. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264989/0EEBA8BD-1705-4A89-A042-DF3CD7AC58BB_jpe-2181390.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for all the help.

It's definitely a lot for grips forsure. I normally wouldn't care but your gun definitely pops and would prefer to keep the original screw look but it's not a huge issue.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#22]
Just looked. Most USMC pics I can find they are using black surefires on early fde and later brown ionbond guns so I was wrong. Coulda swore I saw some tan lights somewhere. IDK.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 3:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#23]
Just looked. Most USMC pics I can find they are using black surefires on early fde and later brown ionbond guns so I was wrong. Coulda swore I saw some tan lights somewhere. IDK.
View Quote

Yeah just seen a black one on the tan guns and it looks decent.

Not really a huge deal but looking good is almost as important as being good.

Edit- yeah all i see is the black surefire both a and b
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:18:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#24]
The black one shoots straight that's for sure. I only shot a couple mags of ball and hst to make sure it worked. Not really sure how much I like checkered front straps over smooth. I've never shot with bloody hands(knock on wood) or got a 1911 muddy but the smooth have always felt good to me.

I'll probably find a tan blue box if I can and use it as a shooter and decide of I'll keep this one or not. Cool having a rare version but a collector might be happier with it.

Great gun really
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:09:38 AM EDT
[#25]
The black one shoots straight that's for sure. I only shot a couple mags of ball and hst to make sure it worked. Not really sure how much I like checkered front straps over smooth. I've never shot with bloody hands(knock on wood) or got a 1911 muddy but the smooth have always felt good to me.

I'll probably find a tan blue box if I can and use it as a shooter and decide of I'll keep this one or not. Cool having a rare version but a collector might be happier with it.

Great gun really
View Quote

If you ever decide to sell it in the future, please let me know!
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 4:54:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#26]

Shoot it. The rumor is Colt made 200 total of the all black ccs m45a1’s. I would say a touch more but thats the rumor.  X300u-b works best on all metal guns imo. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264989/18A181FA-797D-4445-AE4B-BD83C03B50FC_jpe-2178122.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/426002/20211123_070846_jpg-2177973.JPG

Shoot it. The rumor is Colt made 200 total of the all black ccs m45a1’s. I would say a touch more but thats the rumor.  X300u-b works best on all metal guns imo. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264989/18A181FA-797D-4445-AE4B-BD83C03B50FC_jpe-2178122.JPG

Yeah, the CCS did two special batches of M45A1s back around 2017-2018. It was either one of 150 and another of 200, or one of 200 and 250 of the other. I forget which it was and which model was which. The all-black Ionbond model though was one of those batches, and the other batch was some other special configuration.

Looked all that up back before I bought mine. Unfortunately I've had to cram so much data into my brain the past couple years that old unused information is starting to get overwritten I think.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:

I’ve got guns that I haven’t shot in over 10 years.   Buy it!  I want one too, but I’ve got other wants before this.  One day....
View Quote

I've got guns I've owned 10 years and haven't shot yet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

I've got guns I've owned 10 years and haven't shot yet.
View Quote

I've got Colts I've never fired.  Hell, I've got a couple suppressors I've never shot through......

Also, love the M45a1.  I was lucky enough to get one a couple years ago.  One of my favorite pistols.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]
They made a very limited run of all black with tan grips. A member here at one point had 2. O1070cqbz.
View Quote

I bought a pair of O1070CQBZ M45A1s with sequential serial numbers in December of ‘16.  I still have them.  

When I bought them, it was rumored that the production run of the black O1070CQBZ M45A1s was between 200-300 pistols.  I haven’t seen any firm documentation on the exact number produced.  The serial numbers on my pistols are in the low 11,XXX range.  I haven’t seen any of the CQBZs with serrations on the front strap.  I believe they all were assembled in the CCS.  

There is a thread with a lot of M45A1 information at this 1911 Forum:  M45A1

J kitchen, congrats on finding an O1070CQB-BB.  I like the darker grips with the black finish.  It’s a good look.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#30]
Originally Posted By nitmr26:

I bought a pair of O1070CQBZ M45A1s with sequential serial numbers in December of ‘16.  I still have them.  

https://i.imgur.com/XBEMz1P.jpg

When I bought them, it was rumored that the production run of the black O1070CQBZ M45A1s was between 200-300 pistols.  I haven’t seen any firm documentation on the exact number produced.  The serial numbers on my pistols are in the low 11,XXX range.  I haven’t seen any of the CQBZs with serrations on the front strap.  I believe they all were assembled in the CCS.  

J kitchen, congrats on finding an O1070CQB-BB.  I like the darker grips with the black finish.  It’s a good look.
View Quote

Thanks the grips are growing on me and decided to run it stock besides the light  

Mine has the front serrations but don't know if it's a CQBZ or CQB. Don't really know much about 1911s in general let alone these but when I spotted this i didn't know how rare it was until I posted. I was keeping an eye out for a tan or stainless and just assumed the black was common. I see CCU guns that look similar but besides forums with avid colt guys I can't find or see much on the black.

Hopefully I'll get comfortable with it and start to really enjoy shooting it. 1911s are fun but I never really get to shoot them much besides a few boxes here and there.

Thanks for all rge help everyone and hopefully we'll keep this thread going.

ETA- CQB-B is the model I got.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
They made a very limited run of all black with tan grips. A member here at one point had 2. O1070cqbz.

And there he is. That set is awesome. Super jelly. Pic time. Gettin some mileage outta this pic. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#32]

And there he is. That set is awesome. Super jelly. Pic time. Gettin some mileage outta this pic. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264989/88F56019-F5EF-489D-B906-D155A4883220_jpe-2220396.JPG
View Quote

Are the CCS M45A1s with the front strap gripping still produced or are they just unicorns now?

I would take a Combat Unit too but those are also unicorns apparently.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RedFox1911:

Are the CCS M45A1s with the front strap gripping still produced or are they just unicorns now?

View Quote

Mine is from 2018 and has it. I wasn't aware the(some) ccs versions didn't have it until this thread.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

And there he is. That set is awesome. Super jelly. Pic time. Gettin some mileage outta this pic. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264989/88F56019-F5EF-489D-B906-D155A4883220_jpe-2220396.JPG

I saw somewhere that Colt stated the m45a1 is no longer being produced. I call BS but at this point who knows. Some are still out there just HTF. Pretty unreal for the one jkitchen scored to be sitting in a gun store still NIB.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I called colt customer service today and the guy said they are still in production. People are just price gouging the supply chain shortages
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TeddyW19:
I called colt customer service today and the guy said they are still in production. People are just price gouging the supply chain shortages
View Quote

No such thing. An item is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. No more. No less.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:33:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TeddyW19:
View Quote

When you say they are still in production do you mean the standard M45A1 or the custom shop version with the front strap checkered?

I called multiple times but couldn't get anyone after the new year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#38]

When you say they are still in production do you mean the standard M45A1 or the custom shop version with the front strap checkered?

I called multiple times but couldn't get anyone after the new year.
View Quote

Mind you this is the internet. I read there will be some production line guns dropping in the next month or so.  Could be BS. Could be true.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Mind you this is the internet. I read there will be some production line guns dropping in the next month or so.  Could be BS. Could be true.
View Quote

Hopefully, as that will ease some of the supply issues.

I really want one with the front strap checkering though(like the Marines should have gotten from the start)
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:28:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#40]

I really want one with the front strap checkering though(like the Marines should have gotten from the start)
View All Quotes

If/when they drop CCS m45s my guess would be they still pull $2500 to $3000 if they flood the market. The production guns have been pulling $2300 to $2700 for alot longer than I believed they would. A guy just pre-sold 3 incoming production line guns for $2699 each if I remember right. Expected delivery end of Jan.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#41]

If/when they drop CCS m45s my guess would be they still pull $2500 to $3000 if they flood the market. The production guns have been pulling $2300 to $2700 for alot longer than I believed they would. A guy just pre-sold 3 incoming production line guns for $2699 each if I remember right. Expected delivery end of Jan.
View Quote

I only got lucky because the place was run by cops (maybe Leo distributer) and it was next to CCUs that looked similar at lower prices.
They didn't know what they had and it was off in the corner.  They were happy it sold and mentioned that Colt had some contract that they had to take on certain guns to get the 6920s and other things.

Honestly I wasn't sure and couldn't find any for sale online to compare and nothing on black whatsoever so I asked here to figure out if it was legit.

It's a great shooter and I probably will shoot other stuff until I know I can get a production. I will either shoot it or trade for something cool but for now I want it to be mint just incase.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Northwest Armory just threw up some combat commanders in 9mm at $1029.99 if anyone is looking.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Northwest Armory just threw up some combat commanders in 9mm at $1029.99 if anyone is looking.
View Quote

They seem gone but here is an M45A1 link if anyone is looking for the production version. No idea who these guys are though

M45A1
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#44]
You should not only get it, you should find one of the Carbonia-finish pre-A1 models to keep it company. May as well get a Python while you're at it. Even if, possibly especially if, they aren't used much, they will keep their value very well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#45]

They seem gone but here is an M45A1 link if anyone is looking for the production version. No idea who these guys are though

M45A1
View Quote

If legit. Very good. Damn that was fast on the combat commanders.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Sorry, not sorry

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#47]
FO hard!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#48]

If legit. Very good. Damn that was fast on the combat commanders.
View Quote

Yeah I'd probably jump on that if I knew the place was gtg. I really like the tan basic models even though the one I got is pretty damn nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#49]

M45A1
View Quote

There's a disclaimer at the bottom of the page. It's not a real e-commerce site, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone here have a line on a dealer that regularly stocks Colt stuff that might be able to get an M45A1 in?
Page / 4
Colt M45A1 (Page 3 of 4)
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top