You bet!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
... my babies

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
My 4.25 inch I put money down for in January? Came in today. Very surprising birthday present.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Happy birthday!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Emeoba69:
My 4.25 inch I put money down for in January? Came in today. Very surprising birthday present.
View Quote
 Nice!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Did the OP ever get his gun?

I ordered mine back on January 3rd, and she shipped on January 7th. I had it a day or so later. I paid full MSRP, but notice even today online dealers asking over 2K for them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:06:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrambler258] [#8]
Its almost been 9 weeks, and my Python is still on back-order. I wonder if Colt has dedicated their production to 6920 rifles in response to the current panic? I have been seeing quite a few CR6920 float up at various retailers over the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I got to play with this one today. Still not sure I want to pull the trigger on it yet. Factory engraved and $2400.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
i have one in layway.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#11]
My first revolver, need to find some ammo to test it out.  I read about some of the issues on early production models, hope mine performs well.  The crown is nice and clean and it is butter-smooth.

Since we're on the subject, can anyone recommend a nice OWB holster?  When we take our trailer out, might be nice to carry for bears/mountain lions.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
My first revolver, need to find some ammo to test it out.  I read about some of the issues on early production models, hope mine performs well.  The crown is nice and clean and it is butter-smooth.

Since we're on the subject, can anyone recommend a nice OWB holster?  When we take our trailer out, might be nice to carry for bears/mountain lions.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105138/20201225_194643-1748693.jpg
View Quote

Very nice

Pancake or more of duty holster?

Don Hume has an ebay store front with some nice stuff.

Ryan Grizzle for custom horsehide

Elpasso saddlery too
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Very nice

Elpasso saddlery too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Very nice

Elpasso saddlery too

Thanks, I think I may do an El Paso Austin holster.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Very nice

Elpasso saddlery too

Nice, i like the Austin's

Here's a pic of my threepersons
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Picked this one up tonight.  This is the first one I've seen since Colt announced they were making them again.  I really would rather have a 6" model, but I'm still pretty damn happy with this one.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
@Warspite

Price OTD??
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trash_Panda] [#17]
Meh on new production
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DOE:
@Warspite

Price OTD??
View Quote

$1599 plus tax.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Trash_Panda:
Meh on new production
View Quote

The new Python was one of the few things in the gun world that got me excited. I have an original blued Python, but it's worth has outstripped my want to shoot it. The new guns are compared to the old ones all the time, and probably rightly so. That said. I can go out and blast away with my 2020 and not feel bad at all.

There is a place for most all guns. The 2020 Pythons will find their way into the hands of people that always wanted one and couldn't afford an original at current prices, or those that have originals that don't shoot them because of their value.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I picked up my 6" yesterday that was ordered last January.  Looks amazing, trigger is decent but a bit heavy at 5.5-6lbs single action.  I'll check it again after 500 rounds.  It was worth the wait and paid under msrp.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JDemond:

The new Python was one of the few things in the gun world that got me excited. I have an original blued Python, but it's worth has outstripped my want to shoot it. The new guns are compared to the old ones all the time, and probably rightly so. That said. I can go out and blast away with my 2020 and not feel bad at all.

There is a place for most all guns. The 2020 Pythons will find their way into the hands of people that always wanted one and couldn't afford an original at current prices, or those that have originals that don't shoot them because of their value.
View Quote

Aren't there a bunch of issues with the new production also?  Seizing up and stuff?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Aren't there a bunch of issues with the new production also?  Seizing up and stuff?
View Quote

The early guns had issues that Colt addressed..

I keep hearing complaints about the rear sight, but otherwise gtg.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Any word on whether blued is still in the works?

I want a blued version of the new Python so bad.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By waldershrek:
I almost did but part of me wants to wait for blued....what to do what to do
View Quote

This, a Python is supposed to be blued.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:26:20 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

There were some teething problems with a few of the early guns. Bunged up crowns, as well as pulling the triggers and getting no bangs. I've had mine for over a year now, and it's never had an issue. It was one of the earliest guns to hit the market.

People were critical of Colt over the release of the 2020 Python, but have to realize that it was pretty much a redesigned gun being brought to the market. Teething problem were bound to happen, and Colt did address and move to fix the issues pretty quickly. The issues were talked about like a video gone viral, and a few guns put a stink on all the guns.

I do think Colt should have had their ducks in a row, and their QC issues handled before any guns were released to the market though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I finally was able to bring a 6” home Saturday. I could have had months ago but passed on three different 4.5” as I preferred the longer barrels and held out until the dealer finally called.
Anyways it’s a nice complaint to my anaconda that I purchased new in 95-96, really can’t remember exactly.
Maybe I’m over critical but was wondering if Colt test fires their revolvers before shipping? Once I got it home and started cleaning it, I’d swear that it has been shot. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By getchasum:
I finally was able to bring a 6” home Saturday. I could have had months ago but passed on three different 4.5” as I preferred the longer barrels and held out until the dealer finally called.
Anyways it’s a nice complaint to my anaconda that I purchased new in 95-96, really can’t remember exactly.
Maybe I’m over critical but was wondering if Colt test fires their revolvers before shipping? Once I got it home and started cleaning it, I’d swear that it has been shot. Thoughts?
View Quote

They are test fired sir.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#28]
So it appears the prices for these have already gone up.  New ones from the dealers seem to be selling in the $1800-$1900 range.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I gave $1,600 cash for mine out the door...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#30]
I just received an email on Colt Pythons in stock. Beautiful, but I'll pass. The 6" sold out already. 4.25" available
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/colt-m-149.aspx
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:30:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LastDefender] [#31]
Originally Posted By wagsfn:
I just received an email on Colt Pythons in stock. Beautiful, but I'll pass. The 6" sold out already. 4.25" available
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/colt-m-149.aspx
View Quote

Wow!!!!!  They are asking $1999.00 plus shipping.  As they are sold out of both the 4.25" and the 6" model, I assume they are getting it.  My investment is paying off.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By patdyespants:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By patdyespants:

The rear sight set screw backs out on mine. The windage screw is really loose.  Like you can turn it with a fingernail loose.  I will probably loc tite it once i get it sighted in again
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By LastDefender:

Wow!!!!!  They are asking $1999.00 plus shipping.  As they are sold out of both the 4.25" and the 6" model, I assume they are getting it.  My investment is paying off.
View Quote

2k is a bargain... If you want to over pay because you have to have one. I've had mine for over a year now, but have followed the pricing on them thinking I might pick up the 4" version. They have consistently been 23/2400 bucks.

I didn't quibble over paying full MSRP for my 6" 2020 Python, but there is no way I'd pay more than that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

The rear sight set screw backs out on mine. The windage screw is really loose.  Like you can turn it with a fingernail loose.  I will probably loc tite it once i get it sighted in again
View Quote

Same thing with the new King Cobra.  On my first outing with it, my groups were horrific for such an expensive piece.  Then I realized that there was close to zero friction on the windage screw.  Moved with every shot...

Mine didn't come with the necessary .050" allen wrench for the set screw (which comes un-tightened).

Really hoping that the side-to-side slop in the entire rear sight assembly isn't an issue...
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mauiblue:

For what it's worth, the grip looks horrible. But if you're okay with it, enjoy.
View Quote

What’s wrong with it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AtLarge:

What’s wrong with it?
View Quote

Cheap looking laminated wood.  I think they should have used solid (not laminated) Rosewood

I am eyeing a 4.25” model right now.  $1900. I hate to spend that much money but I like the new Python.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

Cheap looking laminated wood.  I think they should have used solid (not laminated) Rosewood

I am eyeing a 4.25” model right now.  $1900. I hate to spend that much money but I like the new Python.
View Quote

Altamont has produced some high end Python grips that are like the old ones with raised checkering, but are for the time being keeping them for the engraved Pythons. I hate the look of laminate grips on most anything almost as much as rubber grips. I don't care for their plain walnut Python grips either.

I'm just glad I have a couple sets of originals.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I just put in an order with my local dealer 4.25" Python, we'll see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#39]
The wait wasn't that long for me.  Found mine at the LGS.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AtLarge:
The wait wasn't that long for me.  Found mine at the LGS.  

http://i.imgur.com/u89NuwWl.jpg
View Quote

How much OTD?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#41]
That little beauty cost me $1699.99 and I'm ok with the grips.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Just put my name on a list for the Python. Asked if they wanted a down payment, they said no. Interdasting that they say only get 5 per year. I'm #3 on the list for a 6"er. Still wondering if the OP got his.......
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MCBallpeen:
Just put my name on a list for the Python. Asked if they wanted a down payment, they said no. Interdasting that they say only get 5 per year. I'm #3 on the list for a 6"er. Still wondering if the OP got his.......
View Quote

Get your name on the Arms Unlimited alert list. I got a 4" Python for $1499.99 shipped. No sales tax charge either
They did sell out fast.  They get the 6" in once in awhile.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#44]
A few observations from a new owner:

I found a new Python online at a local dealer. Paid significantly MORE for it, but still got one.

Pros:

The gun is built like the proverbial "Brick Sh*thouse". Fit and finish are excellent.

Cons:

The trigger pull is no longer "sex in metal" as the original ones were. The double action trigger pull (the main reason I bought the gun) is a heavy 9#. Smooth, but heavy. The single action trigger pull is 6#. Crisp with no over travel, but still heavy for a revolver of this type. Shooting the gun will determine the accuracy later.

Two questions:

Does the gun still have a .355" barrel? I'm too lazy to slug the bore

Is there any way to get the trigger pull down to a manageable level (7lbs in DA and 3 pounds in SA)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Prices on Gunbroker seem to be headed down. I recently got both a 4” and a 6” for MSRP, same with an 8” Anaconda. Both Pythons came from separate dealers using “buy now”. Each showing more than one available. There still are a bunch that are well over retail but don’t see them moving.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#46]
My LGS had 2 in the case today.  A 6" and a 4".  $1599 each.  I'm sticking the 4" on layaway on Friday.

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked up a 4" Python at an 11 Sep 2021 gun show, for $1400 plus tax.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM-ARM-DPMS-guns] [#48]
A pic of the two I noted earlier.

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm getting a 6" if I see one. I handled the 4" Friday and it was pretty sweet. The guy got 2 in (one of each) and sold the 6 the day before
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Where are y'all getting Pythons for MSRP?  Local gun dealers want $2K plus tax, lowest I could find online was 1650 plus shipping from Gunprime.
Page / 3
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top