Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/18/2017 9:57:13 PM EDT
I received  this after my grandpa passed away, it was found in his bedroom closet and im trying to get some info on it and could use some assistance.

Its a Colt target match .22LR pistol, serial number is 38520-S.

If im doing my research online correctly from what i found it says made in 1950 but i cant find a rough value for it.

Can anyone help me get some info on this pistol or point me in a direction? For such info, i would appreciate it.

Description: Colt target match .22LR  pistol
Serial number: 38520-S
Year manufactured: 1950??
Approx. Value: ??

Thank you

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
She's a beaut'! 

I have my Grandpa's old '30's Colt woodsman match target too.  It's not pretty, but I love the thing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's a beaut'! 

I have my Grandpa's old '30's Colt woodsman match target too.  It's not pretty, but I love the thing.
View Quote
I picked it up today, it needs a cleaning throughout but its a neat little pistol.

It wasnt in its factory box, just wrapped up in a towel in the corner of the bedroom closet in a none discript cardboard box.

My father is up there still going through stuff, so hopefully he comes across it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.colt22.com

That website is one of the most definitive guides out there. My woodsman is just like yours, great little shooter.

Values seems to be in the $750-$1000 range these days. Check completed listings on gunbroker for more recent data.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.colt22.com

That website is one of the most definitive guides out there. My woodsman is just like yours, great little shooter.

Values seems to be in the $750-$1000 range these days. Check completed listings on gunbroker for more recent data.
View Quote
Thanks for the website, i came across it last night while digging around, a lot of good info. Interesting about the serial numbers on these pistols that seem to be random numbers that jump through the generations with really no real order. I think that was initially throwing me off.

The pistol looks to be a second series produced after the first run without the marbled looking grips. Made circa 1950.

A cool little piece of history i can continue to pass down through the generations to my sons
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty decent condition as far as I can tell - agree on the 700 range for value based on the single pic. It is a " match target" not a target match which when searching for info having the right term will help.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top