Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2017 11:29:04 AM EDT
A local gun shop has a couple of old Colt revolvers on consignment and the prices seem, to me, to be on the low side. Just wanted to get some opinions and see if they'd be worth picking up.
One is a .357, I think an early Trooper, for $650. It's in pretty decent shape with some holster wear. The other is a .22LR single action Frontier Scout, two-tone for $400 and is in similar condition to the Trooper.
Like I said, they seemed to be pretty decently priced, especially in light of the classic S&W's prices as of late.
Here's a couple of pics for reference...not of the two guns in question, but identical models.
Here's a pic of a Scout for reference...and a pic of (what I now know to be) a Metropolitan for your viewing pleasure.
They're both in comparable shape of the two pictured.
Thanks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
An early Model Trooper is worth $650.  The photo you included is not a Trooper, but a Metropolitan.  Totally different creature.  

The Scout is probably a fair price.  

Not all Colts go for stupid money.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The photo you included is not a Trooper, but a Metropolitan.  Totally different creature.  
View Quote
Thanks for the correction. I googled "trooper" and it looked similar to what I was looking at last night.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The Metropolitan is closer to the Lawman, a .357 Mag. revolver, and may be a .38 Spl. version of the same revolver.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top