Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 6/24/2017 6:33:44 PM EDT
I have been lusting for a delta elite for some time and finally found one worth picking up. I got it used at Cabela's gun library and got it for $791 out the door. I am wondering the date of manufacture but I am having trouble finding info, I may just call colt Monday. The serial number is DS40xxx. It appears to have never been fired or possibly only had a box or so fired out of it. There is no wear on the mags followers nor the feed ramp. It came with novak sights and the original (blue plastic) box as well. Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt serial number lookup

Nice catch! 
View Quote
I tried that, no luck.... thanks though!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm... That's a brand new one. As in the last 2-4 months since Colt changed the rollmarks on the slide.

You stole that thing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw that sweet piece at Cabelas last week, I considered it but didn't jump. Congrats, that is a really nice piece for a great price!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Umm... That's a brand new one. As in the last 2-4 months since Colt changed the rollmarks on the slide.

You stole that thing.
View Quote
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw that sweet piece at Cabelas last week, I considered it but didn't jump. Congrats, that is a really nice piece for a great price!
View Quote
At the price it was at +10% off and a $50 gift card, there was no way I could say no to something I have wanted for so long.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
its a year old or less, they came out last year with the beavertail safety, adjustable sights, etc.

Bought one last November

eta: serial number DS36xxx

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
HOLY F*#K!!!

Boy did you make out like a bandit!

Sometimes Cabela's is just retarded on their used gun prices.  No. Strike that.  They are always retarded on their used gun prices.  Some are stupid overpriced,  like a M1903 locally for $1300 (but hey the numbers all match), but every so often you'll find one stupidly under priced.  

Congrats dude!  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HOLY F*#K!!!

Boy did you make out like a bandit!

Sometimes Cabela's is just retarded on their used gun prices.  No. Strike that.  They are always retarded on their used gun prices.  Some are stupid overpriced,  like a M1903 locally for $1300 (but hey the numbers all match), but every so often you'll find one stupidly under priced.  

Congrats dude!  
View Quote
Thanks!

The stars kind of aligned on this one. The wife and I took the kids on a wihm (sp?) and it just so happened to be in the gun library and looked extremely clean. I told my wife for the price I couldn't leave without it, she encouraged me to get it, I couldn't believe it!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Dayum! Somebody call the cops!
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top