Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 11/20/2016 7:16:15 AM EDT
I was stopping at gun shops Sat and they had the new stainless Comp Gov model with the blue grips in 9mm  I have a few other 45 1911 and I thought this might be a tac driver it came down to a fact hard chrome Gov 45 or this which the 9 was more money . I took it home and picked up some more mags and Desantis leather holster . I would like to get a spare Gov spring what would it be in the 9mm????????
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#1]
For hollowpoint and plus P ammo 12 lbs. For just fmj target ammo you can get away with a 10 lb.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
These guns have the new dual recoil spring set up like the rail guns. No need to concern yourself with spring replacements for at least 10k round count.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes this one has a two spring set up . it seems to work good .
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I replaced mine before I even fired it with a Wilson Combat 9mm setup. If I remember correct the spring is a 12 pound spring and a solid short guide. The slide actually racks smother now and it shoots fine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered 2 recoil spring from Brownell's for the Colt 9mm Government Model
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
standard spring is 14 pounds according to Wolff......and exactly what I use in both my 9mm 1911's ......have shot both pistols at numerous IDPA matches with no hiccups..................
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top